New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Perch lake  (Read 1462 times)

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
Perch lake
« on: Feb 15, 2022, 02:17 PM »
Who all fishing perch lake derby  Evans Mills Volunteer Fire Department is holding Feb 26th.  Adult pike,  Youth Pike, pickerel and perch. 

Just enjoying life

Offline enistin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Perch lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:07 AM »
I am thinking about going to it just wish pickerel was adults too as last time i was there we caught about 22 fish all but 3 were pickerel the others were 2 perch and 1 big bass the lake seems to have been overrun with pickerel.  Anyone been to this before is there a big turn out and how is parking on this day as the lot is not overly huge.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2022, 08:32 AM »
I am thinking about going to it just wish pickerel was adults too as last time i was there we caught about 22 fish all but 3 were pickerel the others were 2 perch and 1 big bass the lake seems to have been overrun with pickerel.  Anyone been to this before is there a big turn out and how is parking on this day as the lot is not overly huge.

Parking lot fills fast and only allowed to park on the right side going out.  People parked out on the road n just used atv/sleds to get down access road lots of times.   Ones without atvs unloaded up closer n then parked.

As for the pickerel it was discussed but normally the pike wight is much higher then pickerel.
Just enjoying life

Offline enistin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2022, 09:32 AM »
Thanks for the info as you might have noticed i spammed a few sights on facebook as well just trying to grab some info.  I will have sleds/ATV's with me so looks like i either get there at 0500 or park on the road going out assuming we get a little snow before now and then.  I know pickerel are almost always smaller but i was there earlier in the season and almost everything we caught was pickerel even in the "deeper" water so was hoping they would change that this year.  I would park my gear there day before but at bonaparte last weekend i heard someones vehicle got broken into because they left it overnight so that is out of the question.  Thanks again Tight Lines!!!!!

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2022, 04:53 PM »
Thanks to any that supported the fire department.  Pike sizes were 12lb 9lb 8lb.  Had a 1.99lb perch brought in and a 1.8lb perch.  115 Adults and 22 kids. 
Just enjoying life

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2022, 05:27 PM »
some nice weights

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.