The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Vantines  (Read 1415 times)

Offline dlj01260

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vantines
« on: Feb 10, 2022, 04:09 PM »
Has anyone had any luck at Vantines lately? I drive by occasionally for work and haven’t seen a soul out there.
Dylan

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Re: Vantines
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2022, 04:28 PM »
It’s not plowed out.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline dlj01260

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2022, 06:01 PM »
It’s not plowed out.

Not the van Everest launch on Georgia shore. I’m talking about the launch in the islands past the ferry.
Dylan

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2022, 06:39 PM »
Has anyone had any luck at Vantines lately? I drive by occasionally for work and haven’t seen a soul out there.
Fished north of the Vantines access today. 12-14" of ice. Managed 2 smallish Lakers. No problems getting on and off the ice. The access is plowed.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline dlj01260

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2022, 07:10 PM »
I’ve caught them on tip ups before and jigging in the summer, but never through the ice with the jig pole. I’ve been wanting to give it a try. Did you catch them on tip ups?
Dylan

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2022, 07:33 PM »
I’ve caught them on tip ups before and jigging in the summer, but never through the ice with the jig pole. I’ve been wanting to give it a try. Did you catch them on tip ups?
My son caught one on a tip up with a shiner about 20' off bottom in 55' of water. The other was caught jigging. Had a couple other follows jigging .
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline Fishracks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2022, 05:17 PM »
How did the ice make out with all that wind the other day any ice reports coming up this weekend hoping to get out here thanks

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2022, 08:13 PM »
How did the ice make out with all that wind the other day any ice reports coming up this weekend hoping to get out here thanks
We were out there yesterday. Ice was in good shape but had lost some thickness, down to about 10". This rain and warm weather obviously won't help.

Offline Fishracks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2022, 05:00 AM »
We were out there yesterday. Ice was in good shape but had lost some thickness, down to about 10". This rain and warm weather obviously won't help.
Thanks for the update really appreciate it this weather definitely isn't helping hopefully with Temps dropping the next couple days it will get better
I was looking at possibly going a little further north out of stoney point but was told there is a Crack that runs the the whole west shore  of island in close

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:40 AM »
Fished there after that 12" snowstorm a few weeks back, was difficult getting around with drifts & was windy, did get a 26" laker to chase my perch jig tipped with hunt and smashed it midway up from bottom, fished in 30-40FOW a few hundred yds out from launch.
Was only fish I got thru the ice that day too, was dead seas after that trout so moved onto other spot further up in the lake for perch as I didn't see any perch on finder at Vantine's that day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.