New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: General info for lake of the Isles  (Read 718 times)

Offline luthersmk1

• IceShanty Rookie
General info for lake of the Isles
« on: Feb 10, 2022, 05:51 AM »
Just wondering if there is any general info on ive fishing the lake of the isles. Like how far of a walk. Depths of fishing. What is caught there..... Thanks in advance. Just heard of this place and was intrtested....
If you see smoke..... I am there.

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: General info for lake of the Isles
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2022, 07:18 AM »
Never ice fished it, but I've fished it in the summer... Good bass, some pike and small pannies.

I think you should be able to park and get on at the state parks on Wellsley Island. I found this depth chart too... Not sure how accurate it is, though.

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live fishing Die fishing
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2022, 11:08 AM »
Just wondering if there is any general info on ive fishing the lake of the isles. Like how far of a walk. Depths of fishing. What is caught there..... Thanks in advance. Just heard of this place and was intrtested....

Mainly bass if you want pike i would hit eel bay

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live fishing Die fishing
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2022, 11:08 AM »
Mainly bass and bluegills if you want pike and perch i would hit eel bay

Offline Arkangel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ArkAngel
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2022, 04:46 PM »
Luther...

Not an expert by any stretch of the imagination...I fished there 3 times last year and only once this year. 

I've caught only panfish (gills and perch) and northerns...I have not run into any Bass yet.

There's tons of ice - no worries there.

Access at DeWolf State Park...it's a level drag out onto the ice from the parking lot.

Take the first bridge span and exit onto Wellesley Island...take a left at the end of the exit.  Any water you see on your right will be LOTI. 

DeWolf SP is on your right - clearly visible and marked.  Generally good parking.  If they're parked up on the hard road the bite is ON!!!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after ~ Henry David Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.