Author Topic: MAXI conditions  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
MAXI conditions
« on: Feb 09, 2022, 09:26 AM »
Plan on going Saturday,  any info on ice conditions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! Gills22

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: MAXI conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2022, 09:45 AM »
Conditions are pretty good. All the slush froze so pulling gear isn’t to bad. Some snow pockets, again not bad. About 10” of ice a long ways out from the launch.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2022, 08:08 AM »
Graygills, I called a friend that lives east of Culver yesterday and he fishes Max a lot. Said ice is good but no weeds. Said no one fishing Academy Bay. He fished it and could not find any weed or fish. Doesn't know if they sprayed for weeds like they did several lakes in the Plymouth area that he normally fishes. Said lake assos on those lakes hired a plane and they sprayed the whole lakes,
lilly pads and everything. Said he hasn't caught zippo this season!!! >:(
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline Ace in the Hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2022, 08:27 AM »
I was there tuesday afternoon and only 5 guys on the lake. I was in academy bay fishing perch and walleyes. Ice was 10+ inches but 200 yards away was open water full of geese. I rode my atv. I marked weeds at 30 ft and fished with tipups and jigging rod up to 12ft. No flags and I marked one fish. No one i talked to caught much at all.

Offline Wall-E-eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2022, 10:15 AM »
They Definitely killed weeds this year.
Have hit several weed beds that are gone.
Found a couple deeper beds that survived. Saw the open area of geese Ace mentioned, would be careful around long point area as was late to freeze but not sure on thickness. 10" + from boat ramp out to east , made it over halfway across lake., quad out by perry point area.
Jim

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2022, 03:55 PM »
Thanks for info guys, going Saturday morning off north end. Sounds like a deep bite maybe! Gills22!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.