The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Another Good Bunch! Good Company! Next, Whitefish!  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
Another Good Bunch! Good Company! Next, Whitefish!
« on: Feb 19, 2021, 08:42 AM »
Wasn’t going to go yesterday but a new fishing friend and his son headed down. They got there pretty early. Me? I waited for the sun to come up! It was cold!  ;D

Jarod and Leon caught over 50 yellows and a couple nice bass. I wish I got pics, but we ended up fishing like 300 hundred yards apart. I DID catch 3 perch with their stolen bait in them. They were using small goldens. No one else anywhere near us. The fish are definitely mobile! Not schooled in any numbers.  Just seems like small groups roaming a large area.

Here’s the last one I caught. Was picking up. Wicked pretty chunky male, about 13”. He’s the one on the bottom of the group pic too.  The rest I kept were like 9 - about 15ish. No 16’s the last couple trips. Only two like that so far.

Some good eating!

Ready for the knife!

"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline In the Zone

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Another Good Bunch! Good Company! Next, Whitefish!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2021, 09:06 AM »
Another nice day for ya !
Nature’s bounty !
Keep top lipping !
🎣

Offline Sluggo65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2021, 10:51 AM »
Nice haul! I was fishing a couple of Sundays ago on a crappie pond and there was a bunch of nice yellows similarly arranged on the ice, that were left there by the guys fishing the day before. I don't understand why more people don't eat them? Plus, if you are going to waste them, you should understand that with perch you are just making room for more to grow.
Is it making ice yet?

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2021, 03:36 PM »
Nice catch!

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Some good looking healthy  meals there. Keep up good work>

Offline IronworkerMatt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2021, 07:31 PM »
Of the bass you caught, were they smallies? Also been hopeing to have better success on the yellow perch but it seems like the white Perch won’t stop attacking my lines. You said your looking for whites right?  “Up next Whites”. Haha let’s help each other out. Been nailing em on a #4 white blue tungsten with a spike or mousey 

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2021, 05:38 AM »
Of the bass you caught, were they smallies? Also been hopeing to have better success on the yellow perch but it seems like the white Perch won’t stop attacking my lines. You said your looking for whites right?  “Up next Whites”. Haha let’s help each other out. Been nailing em on a #4 white blue tungsten with a spike or mousey
Yeah, All smallmouths. Caught one that was near 20”, a couple 18ish, and several 10 - 16ish. All released. Caught them over a mudflat basin. I imagine if you targeted them around the rock shoals, you’d do pretty good.

I’m not looking for white perch, except I may do a couple days on them to use on a rec halibut line. I never really liked white perch. They are strong and fishy compared to yellow perch. Whitefish is what I’m looking at. Not headed for them til next Wednesday. A buddy is coming down to fish Yellow perch Sunday. I’m gonna join him.

I’m after these guys and gals!

[/size][/color]
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.