Author Topic: Alaska News and Info  (Read 8927 times)

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Alaska News and Info
« on: Nov 05, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Below are some useful links to brochures and fishing reports worth looking at, as usual the State fishing reports are months behind and are not current. For current info for ice fishing click here Fishing & Conditions Report

Please ensure your own safety while going on the ice and only use this info as a guide.
Detailed info on ice thickness for Alaska
Detailed Alaska Ice Thickness Database
Ice thickness Quick Briefing

Interior

Kenai area

Valley area

Anchorage Area

Lower Cook Inlet

Here is some information on renting Public Use Cabins. Some cabins are located around popular fishing spots and make ideal havens when fishing in remote areas or just getting away for a while. Public Use Cabins

Here are the reservation pages for Interior Ice Huts on Birch and Quartz Interior Ice Huts

Brad

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Improving the Alaska forum area
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Hi everyone ;D My name is Brad and I moderate the Ice Shanty Alaska forum area. I am trying to make our forum areas more streamlined and easier to view different things in their respective areas. As you can see I have asked Scott, IS himself; to create a fishing and ice conditions area and a general area already. The reports area will have its own section and will have a seperate post for each lake or river with the particular info pertaining to that body of water and possibly a map and directions to aide in ice fishing. If you wold like to see any other ideas please post them here or PM. I am also asking for help in posting lake or river info here or on IS. If you have any info like size, max depth and species please post it in a new topic in the Alaska fising report area with the name of the body of water in the subject area and the remaining info in the message as well as any links to a website with info on it.

I would like to make it as easy as possible for us that use these great forums to get valuable info from one another and to cut down on the time we spend surfing for info and spend that time fishing. Alot of people (good and bad) read what we have to say here so we can also look into having Scott lock our forums so only members can view it if we would like.

I look forward to making this area the best with your help.

Sincerely

Brad, Fishin Fireman

Offline deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Kill em & grill em
Re: Alaska News and Info
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2006, 03:08 AM »
hey fishin fireman,
when i go to the post about the ice conditions the post says that there is either something wrong with the link or i am not allowed to see.  is there a problem?  if not how can i see that post?  thanks

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2006, 03:27 AM »
Deerhunter, you will need 4 more posts to see it. 5 total to see reports boards.      Ron
Bobberstop

Offline deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Kill em & grill em
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2006, 03:44 AM »
thanks

Offline deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Kill em & grill em
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2006, 03:45 AM »

Offline deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Kill em & grill em
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2006, 03:45 AM »

Offline deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Kill em & grill em
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2006, 03:45 AM »
5, hopefully this will do it

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Greetings Ice Fanatics!

Good ole Midwestern boy here joining the forums.  Currently living in Los Anchorage and thumbing my auger blades until this weekend.  Gotta post another few notes here and there to get into the ice reports, so look out!  Shoot me messages if you want to fish in the SC!

Jake

Offline Viking Rogue

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2006, 07:48 PM »
ice fishing in AK...now that sounds awesome.  i am going to have to make it a goal in life to open water and hard water fish in alaska.  one summer trip and one winter.

i am afraid if i make it up there i may want to stay.  not sure the little lady would agree with that one.  i would actually like to drive up there from minnesota. 

Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline barley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:09 AM »
Deerhunter, you will need 4 more posts to see it. 5 total to see reports boards.      Ron

I am having the same problems.  Guess I also need 4 more posts.

Barlinator
Mike

Offline Muddskippa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Quartz Lake Rainbow
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:16 AM »
I wasn't sure how my wife would take it either  when I got stationed up here ???  But now I own house up here and the wife wants to stay as long as the Army will let us  8)  Fair warning though it can get expensive up here, last year I came home from work and the wife had bought herself a 300 Rem Ultra Mag, the next week we had to go out and buy her a 4 wheeler I'm not going to complain...I get to use the 4x4 too  ;D Seems like every other person you talk to up here came to vist and liked it so much they stayed. Plus you can ice fish about 6 months out of the year! ---~<>< <><  <"))))><
Muddskippa
~~~~\\\"Si vis pacem, para bellum\\\"~~~~ <>< <\\\")))))><<br />

Offline cool_husker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GO BIG RED!!! HUSKERS RULE!!!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2006, 09:37 PM »

Offline FrankAk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Hey there guys this is my first post on the forum. I am pretty impressed with this place and I will be contributing my reports of lakes this weekend. THANKS FOR A GREAT WEBSITE!

Offline skybust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2006, 06:45 AM »
First post I fish Lucille alot in the summer and also get nice fish havent been ice fishing in 12 years but gonna start again this weekend.

Offline Pedey_13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2006, 11:28 PM »
thanks for the great site just found it a few days ago. just getting back into ice fishing after being in S.C. for a few years but loved fishing in MN

Offline Pedey_13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2006, 11:29 PM »

Offline Pedey_13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2006, 11:29 PM »

Offline Pedey_13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2006, 11:30 PM »
5 time for the fishing reports ;D

Offline FrozenMarc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2006, 12:45 PM »
Thanks for the great site!

Offline FrozenMarc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2006, 12:45 PM »

Offline FrozenMarc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2006, 12:46 PM »

Offline FrozenMarc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2006, 12:46 PM »

Offline FrozenMarc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 10, 2006, 12:47 PM »
5...I guess I'm just a lemming.  Hopefully this will get me to the reports!

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2006, 01:02 AM »
To the new posters, Welcome to IS ;D, but what's up with cluttering up this thread?  Can't take the time to write five worth while posts ???.

12/10.....Sand Lake and Taku Lake were slow but produced a couple for a few friends today. 

Offline FrozenMarc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 11, 2006, 11:25 AM »
Sorry about the clutter,  just following others leads.  It's not that I don't have the time, just nothing worthwhile to contribute.  Hopefully that will change, I'm heading out fishing this morning, hopefully I'll have a report tonight.
FM

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 11, 2006, 02:03 PM »
FrozenMarc,  Welcome to IS ;D.  Looking forward to hearing about your ice fishing adventures and picking up a tip or two from you.  Hope you don't think I'm a cranky old fart :D.

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 15, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Sorry about the clutter,  just following others leads...

ditto, sorry! It does seem odd, to me anyway, that one of the most likely questions to post for newb (what are the conditions here or there?) is information that a newb can't get access to! Maybe it's just my faulty logic, but it seems that the conditions being hidden only prompts new users to ask questions that are already answered, which for folks used to "common" forum etiquette often results in said newb being chastised for asking questions that have been answered at great length and a simple click of the ol' search button would have yielded tons of info on the subject.

Anyhow - not suggesting that this is site is like the "other" forums, actually it seems like a great spot!

PS - don't try to remove your posts from this thread...it cleans up the thread, but your post count goes back to zero! I was into the reports due to my previous frivolous posting, but when I deleted them I ended up back on the outside! I'll earn my five posts - and hopefully not by asking, "what is the ice like at Birch?"  ;D

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Dec 15, 2006, 06:11 PM »
I think ice condition ??'s are legit ??'s and if I knew what they were on Birch Lake I'd reply ;D.  That's the beauty of this site, the fine folks who post here are usually more than willing to share their knowlege even if it's a "basic" question.  I know I've had great response to some of my dumb questions, I've had a number of them and I'm sure there will be more to come from me  :o........ ;).  Post away :)

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 15, 2006, 06:48 PM »
From what I've seen, you're right on. No negative comments, no "dummy you should have searched for that",....just lots of folks that love fishing! Does it get any better?

I'll be out Saturday...can't wait! Maybe I'll land my first big char!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.