Author Topic: DIY sun screen for Marcum Flasher  (Read 782 times)

Offline davef2

• IceShanty Rookie
DIY sun screen for Marcum Flasher
« on: Feb 04, 2021, 03:21 PM »
Anyone make a DIY sunscreen for a Marcum flasher?  If so what did you use.   I was thinking of a short piece of PVC plastic pipe if I could find the right size.  If that works I'm assuming it should be painted black inside.   Anyone have any better ideas?   Thanks.    Dave

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: DIY sun screen for Marcum Flasher
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2021, 03:47 PM »
Plastic corrugated board ..some election signs used this..sure there is another source  . Maybe some anti glare film as well  on the screen
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2021, 12:17 PM »
I went to dollar store with my unit i test fit it in many containers I found an office trash can that was black. My unit fit perfectly in the bottom, I placed it face dowm until i found a container that fit the contour of my head init

Paid 5 dollars brought it home cut it up. Made my own sunscreen. I used strips of velcro to attach to my finder.

Used the rest for cutting boards I use in my kayak son I really had no waste
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Nysrx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2021, 03:11 PM »
I used a section  from a gallon jug of antifreeze on my vexilar when i had one. I dont know if the marcum is the same or not. I cut the bottom out and the top off and it fit over the whole unit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.