Author Topic: 90 Minutes of Fishing. A Brook Trout and a Couple Giant White Perch!!!  (Read 1071 times)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
90 minutes of fishing. Tied into a Brook Trout, a couple Giant White Perch, and a few other species while jigging with my Helix 7. Hoping to hit some Pike lakes soon!!!

Link to the footage if interested in checking it out!!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
Nice white perch. I started ice fishing for them late last winter, hoping to get into good ones again later this season.
I didn't know how big they could get, heard of 4 lbs being caught in the USA.

Check out my PB at 14.5 inches / 2 1/4 lbs.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice!! My biggest is 16”. Close to 2.75#. Our state record is 3.5#ish!!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice!! My biggest is 16”. Close to 2.75#. Our state record is 3.5#ish!!

We only started really seeing them in a few lakes here near VT border a few years ago. Hoping they can grow to monster size :)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  🐄  What a monster!!!!!!  :o
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
Awesome video!

Who made that rod?
Looks great!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We only started really seeing them in a few lakes here near VT border a few years ago. Hoping they can grow to monster size :)
I’m sure they will! They can feed on just about anything

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Awesome video!

Who made that rod?
Looks great!
I made that rod. 36” ML.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
I’m sure they will! They can feed on just about anything

Funny enough, I was catching a mixed bag of yellow and whites, the bigger ones were eating each other's small ones.

Offline FishDoktor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Always thought it was interesting they are called white perch when everything else in that family and genus are called bass. And that genus at least is commonly known as the "true" bass (or temperate bass by some) since the other bass (largemouth, smallmouth, etc) are in the same family as the sunfishes.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
Always thought it was interesting they are called white perch when everything else in that family and genus are called bass. And that genus at least is commonly known as the "true" bass (or temperate bass by some) since the other bass (largemouth, smallmouth, etc) are in the same family as the sunfishes.

Even funnier when your consider it's latin name: Morone Americana  ;D

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
Master Laker taker.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.