Author Topic: Tip up found  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tip up found
« on: Jan 16, 2021, 03:44 PM »
Tip up found 1/16/21, In Bigalow Hollow parking lot. If you can identify it, we can arrange a pickup.

Offline Hooking

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tip up found
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2021, 04:15 PM »
Good time to note that CT regulations require tip-ups to have name and address info on them.

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2021, 04:45 PM »
Noted,could not make out hand writing .

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2021, 08:04 AM »
Good time to note that CT regulations require tip-ups to have name and address info on them.
not anymore the DEP changed that law
Go big or go home

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2021, 08:15 AM »
Ed,

Where'd you hear that? Hope you're correct and it's a recent change, but I just copied this off the DEEP website. Bold is mine.

Ice Fishing: Not more than six tip-ups, floats (bobbers), similar devices, or hand-held jigs or any combination thereof not exceeding six in the aggregate may be used at one time. Not more than three baited hooks, with or without attractors, or three ice flies, or three artificial lures, or any combination thereof not exceeding three in the aggregate may be used with each tip-up, float (bobber), or similar device or hand-held jig. Devices must be personally attended. The name and address of the user must be legibly stamped on or attached to all devices.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2021, 06:06 AM »
I looked up proposed fishery changes that were listed in Nov. 2020 and that's not listed. Where did you see that?

Offline Otisthedog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2021, 06:36 AM »
The ice fishing sub section on the DEEP fishing site contains the following:
"Equipment Regulations:

Each person is allowed to have up to 6 tip-ups, hand held jigging rods, or similar devices in total.  Each line can have up to 3 types of ice fishing hooks/bait/lures in total.  All lines/devices must be personally attended at all times and have the name and address of the user printed legibly on or attached to the device (refer to the definition in the Fishing Guide)."

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:06 AM »
The ice fishing sub section on the DEEP fishing site contains the following:
"Equipment Regulations:

Each person is allowed to have up to 6 tip-ups, hand held jigging rods, or similar devices in total.  Each line can have up to 3 types of ice fishing hooks/bait/lures in total.  All lines/devices must be personally attended at all times and have the name and address of the user printed legibly on or attached to the device (refer to the definition in the Fishing Guide)."

I like the line that reads “all devices must be personally attended.” Tell that to the Bantam south end ice hogs. They spread out their tilts over acres of ice.  :'(

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Poco+loco, anyone ever contact you to claim the gear? Good job trying to find the owner, much good mojo.  :clap:

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:25 AM »
Ed may be mixing up other states that don't require the name/address.  Glad to hear guys are setting up wide spreads.  Thats how you increase your chances of a giant.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2021, 12:43 PM »
I could have sworn a DEP cop told me one day they did or were thinking about doing that so people that don't have any can use a friends gear while out fishing with them. Maybe it was NY im not sure. Its definitely still in the CT regs
Go big or go home

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2021, 12:50 PM »
I could have sworn a DEP cop told me one day they did or were thinking about doing that so people that don't have any can use a friends gear while out fishing with them. Maybe it was NY im not sure. Its definitely still in the CT regs

I vaguely remember discussion of it too. It sure is a pain to take a newbie, I have shipping labels to write names on. Getting them off the flag wire is a job.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2021, 01:47 PM »

Are you back in CT? 

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2021, 02:01 PM »
Poco+loco, anyone ever contact you to claim the gear? Good job trying to find the owner, much good mojo.  :clap:
No, still waiting. If the persons hand writing would be more legible, or my eye sight were better the outcome would be different.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2021, 02:03 PM »
Oh well, good try.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2021, 05:30 AM »
I vaguely remember discussion of it too. It sure is a pain to take a newbie, I have shipping labels to write names on. Getting them off the flag wire is a job.

Use the paper tags with the string loop already attached. Staples has them.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline Chawk190

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2021, 09:03 AM »
A strip of painters tape over my info and a sharpie when sharing traps. Adheres securely and easy to remove. Never had an issue with DEEP.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.