Author Topic: Tyler  (Read 869 times)

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
Tyler
« on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:20 PM »
Fished the south end of Tyler this morning. Started out and fished on 3 to 3.5 inches of black ice. But on the way back to the launch I encountered a wide and long fracture/open water in the ice sheet from west to east.
I was forced to backtrack south of where I was fishing to get to the western shoreline, finally circumventing the breach in the ice.
Never saw anything like this before. Don’t care to see it again.  :tipup:

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tyler
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:25 PM »
I posted this on Winchester by mistake.  I’ve been there but haven’t had enough success to make it worth the drive.... I haven’t fished Tyler before either.  I usually fish Dog Pond or West Side Pond when I head out to the Goshen area.  My largest CT LMB came through the ice on Dog Pond back when I was in high school in the 90’s.  A 6lb 7oz bucket mouth!  I checked a few spots closer to home today.  I walked on a small pond in Griswold that had a couple of inches of clear ice.  That’s not enough for me to fish on.  Later in the day I drove by Pachaug.  It is completely locked up again.  Someone checked the ice but apparently it wasn’t ready yet.  I didn’t get out of the truck to check myself.  I was very surprised to see 5 guys out on Savin Lake in Lebanon.  The ice was a solid clear 3” and the guys fishing had the east shore covered out to the middle.  The long range forecast is looking better and my fingers are crossed that we will all have more choices to fish on in a couple of weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.