Author Topic: ice conditions  (Read 732 times)

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
ice conditions
« on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:17 PM »
Fished at Winchester today, plenty of ice. Drove by Burr Pond, Park Pond, and Stillwater. People fishing on all of them. Stopped at Bantam. Walked out 100 yards from Sandy Beach. Drilled through 4 " of ice. Edges around Point Folly only 1" to 2" of black ice. South Bay had 4" of ice close to shore but there is some iffy broken and refrozen ice that I wouldn't walk on because I was alone. The whole lake is locked up if it stays cold there might be a chance for the weekend. I'm going to try Sandy Beach Friday but don't consider that a recommendation.

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice conditions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:19 PM »
I haven’t fished Tyler yet.  I usually fish Dog Pond or West Side Pond when I head out to the Goshen area.  I checked a few spots closer to home today.  I walked on a small pond in Griswold that had a couple of inches of clear ice.  That’s not enough for me to fish on.  Later in the day I drove by Pachaug.  It is completely locked up again.  Someone checked the ice but apparently it wasn’t ready yet.  I didn’t get out of the truck to check myself.  I was very surprised to see 5 guys out on Savin Lake in Lebanon.  The ice was a solid clear 3” and the guys fishing had the east shore covered out to the middle.  The long range forecast is looking better and my fingers are crossed that we will all have more choices to fish on in a couple of weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.