Author Topic: Done with ct  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
Done with ct
« on: Jan 10, 2021, 06:52 AM »
Gave up fishing ct long time ago I'm not showing up to lake ct mobbed definitely not trying to push ice conditions I split cost fuel bait pack a lunch and see you buy my year  round license pay off has been a success story

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Done with ct
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2021, 02:47 PM »
I hear ya!,I myself have come to the same conclusion about Connecticuts dwindling ice fishing oppertunities. Last year I have discovered the Berkshires.

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2021, 06:11 PM »
About 15 years ago or so started fishing north once in a while pass 7 just non stop don't get me wrong opportunity knocks fine but as u see theses pass few years just don't do it for me

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:13 PM »
I typically do not ice fish in the state either.  Not so much do to ice conditions but do to species availability.  There are spots in CT I'd spend time figuring out if they froze like Candlewood.  I think it's unique that on the right year you can jig for stripers through ice.  It's always been surprising to me how popular ice fishing is in our state. 

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:23 PM »
I've been studying Finnish for almost 3 years, they have decent ice over there.  :icefish: Just need this pandemic to end, to renew my passport and some traveling $ and I'll be living off of salmiakki and ice fishing to my heart's content.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.