The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Looking for a replacement clutch for an Eskimo auger  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Looking for a replacement clutch for an Eskimo auger
« on: Jan 06, 2021, 07:39 PM »
I have a 2003 Eskimo Mako auger with a Tecumseh TC300 motor and need to replace the clutch because it's worn out.  The part number is 8920 but I can't find one without the shipping being over $20 which I think is a bit steep.  Does anyone know where I can order one online that has reasonable shipping?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Looking for a replacement clutch for an Eskimo auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Not really, Chris. Ya could sweet-talk Eskimo, maybe they'd cut ya a deal. They're pretty good at that! USPS rates are just insane, I mailed a hardcover book out and it cost me $12.....!! >:(
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Not really, Chris. Ya could sweet-talk Eskimo, maybe they'd cut ya a deal. They're pretty good at that! USPS rates are just insane, I mailed a hardcover book out and it cost me $12.....!! >:(

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2021, 11:46 AM »
Don't know what prices you were finding and how immediate your need but...

Not currently in stock but "available soon" direct from Ardisam for $35.54:

https://ardisam.com/8920-rotor-centrifugal-clutch-complete

Free shipping over $35.

At the Eskimo site couldn't find a 2003 year model for a Mako but plenty of parts though with different part nos. https://ardisam.com/parts?brand=eskimo There does not appear to be a full assembly, just shoes and springs (now discoed). Since Ardisam is the actual vendor a call to them might be worthwhile to A: Insure their 8920 will fit your drill and B: Perhaps they have one laying around that they could ship now  ;)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Don't know what prices you were finding and how immediate your need but...

Not currently in stock but "available soon" direct from Ardisam for $35.54:

https://ardisam.com/8920-rotor-centrifugal-clutch-complete

Free shipping over $35.

At the Eskimo site couldn't find a 2003 year model for a Mako but plenty of parts though with different part nos. https://ardisam.com/parts?brand=eskimo There does not appear to be a full assembly, just shoes and springs (now discoed). Since Ardisam is the actual vendor a call to them might be worthwhile to A: Insure their 8920 will fit your drill and B: Perhaps they have one laying around that they could ship now  ;)

Thanks for the info. I called Ardisam and asked them about it and they said they should be coming in on the 15th, fingers crossed.  They do sell the complete clutch kit so I'm lucky on that part.  I'm sure 8920 is the correct part number because I still have my owner's manual and that's the part number from the schematic. 

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2021, 03:03 PM »
Well, there ya go! Put the order in!  ;D  I'd imagine after 17 yrs the springs are shot, too. Make sure those are included, Chris, which I'm sure they are. And repack that tranny with PTFE lo-temp!   :thumbsup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:22 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I've been checking every day to see if they got them in yet and just saw they're in stock now just so I placed the order for the complete clutch assembly and got the free shipping.  Now to wait for it to come in the mail. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:57 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I've been checking every day to see if they got them in yet and just saw they're in stock now just so I placed the order for the complete clutch assembly and got the free shipping.  Now to wait for it to come in the mail.

Hope they send it FedEx or UPS ...USPS is no bueno...season could be over before it arrives ..
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:10 AM »
USPS for an auger clutch? With free shipping?  I think not...........it would cost a fortune. UPS and Fed-ex now rate by dimensional lb shipping rates. WAY cheaper. That's why most places contract with them.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2021, 05:05 PM »
They didn't say how they're going to ship it so I guess I'll figure it out when they send me a tracking number.  I'm sure it'll get here reasonably soon and it won't take long to install it.  Until then I could keep using it and just shut it off when going from one hole to the other since the bit keeps turning or down grade to a hand auger.  Yeah I'm thinking I'd rather shut it off between holes.   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.