Author Topic: Ice Shanty Ontario On Ice G2G  (Read 3843 times)

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice Shanty Ontario On Ice G2G
« on: Oct 23, 2006, 07:19 AM »
What do you guys think? Might be a fun to get a bunch of guys from the board to have a g2g this ice season...It will give us a chance to boost our team points too..I think with a little planning and inititive, we could pull off a great day...

Some things we should keep in mind...

Date-
Time-
Location-(Somewhere that appeals to everyone..  ::)) We will definatly talk more in the upcoming weeks :D

-Andrew
Andrew

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Ice Shanty Ontario On Ice G2G
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2006, 07:29 AM »
Im in, I missed last season G2G and was disapointed, so this year Im there for sure. The New job gives me more weekends off, makes it much easier

Offline shaun_300

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Sounds good to me! I'm only 20 minutes from Ottawa, so I could definetly make it if it's in our area. Even if it was in a couple hours drive, I'd do my best to show up. ;D

Offline jeffw

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to me. It would be a good chance to me the people we all talk with. I can give someone a ride if there in my area.
Cheers Jeff

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2006, 05:13 PM »
I know Trapper has an event for a good 'cause in his neck of the woods.  I'm not sure if I could swing that one this year but if there was one in the east I'd be in for sure.  Great idea Andrew, Muskrat Lake would be an idea don't ya think... or even the Ottawa area if we were to make it a weekend event.

Don

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2006, 07:13 PM »

great ideal tip up.....

its always nice to see new faces..... :)

joco.

Offline shaun_300

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2006, 09:29 PM »
That sounds good! Golden Lake (1hr 45mins west of Ottawa, 3 1/2 hours north of Toronto, 1hr 15mins NE of Bancroft) would be a blast too. Walleye re-opens on Jan 1st, it has been closed for 5 years for stocking. We caught TONS of walleye during the summer while bass fishing, I bet that would be a fun event. Lots of northern pike too. My grandma owns a tourist resort right on the water, it's closed during the winter, but it'd be a good spot to have lunch and stuff. Golden Sands is a motel right on the water that is open year round. Rooms are pretty reasonable, I could check for exact prices for everyone. I've fished this lake since I could walk, so I know the spots! ;) ;D

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2006, 10:41 PM »
That sounds like a possibility as well Shaun... I think some place with a motel nearby (or better right on the lake) would be best.  Muskrat Lake in Cobden has a little motel near the launch and has awesome perch, laker, and walleye fishing.  Heard great things about Golden as well, that b***h is gonna be hit hard with walleye opening after such a long closure  :roflmao:

Don

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2006, 06:28 AM »
that b***h is gonna be hit hard with walleye opening after such a long closure  :roflmao:

I would not be surprised :) I think Muskrat would be great for a G2G...I seen numerous laker's get pulled out of there, and also some nice jumbo's too...Don't know about the walleye. I know a few people caught some nice sized ones while lake trout fishing...There are many possibility's guys..Let's keep chattin and try to have a date and location set before mid-November...By then we might just be on ice 8).......(I'm getting a little to anxious)...he he

-Andrew
Andrew

trapperdirk

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2006, 09:31 AM »
I know Trapper has an event for a good 'cause in his neck of the woods.  I'm not sure if I could swing that one this year but if there was one in the east I'd be in for sure.  Great idea Andrew, Muskrat Lake would be an idea don't ya think... or even the Ottawa area if we were to make it a weekend event.

Don

Yes that is very true Bucketmouth and all are welcome and the one here will be at the end of March again and a fundraiser for a pet charity we have but with the vastness of this province I do believe that whatever Iceshantyers can put together in different areas will be supported so you lads go for it and have fun .

Only thing I ask if it's possible to hold it on different weekend from our annual fundraiser cause one never knows the ol Trapper does try to make his rounds and Ottawa is not out of the question if I can make it,,  and others might too if we can get a group together sharing expenses . ;) But you lads givver regardless and have fun . ;) Ontario Iceshanty means all of Ontario and beyond . ;) ;D

TD

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Are you going to harness up the dog sled Trapper and travel east in your great province? Are dog sleds allowed on the roads in Southern Ontario? To infinity and beyond ;D

Offline shaun_300

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2006, 09:20 PM »
Yup, whatever you guys want! Muskrat is nice and close for me too, 35 minutes from here and about the same from my grandma's (where I spend most of my weekends). So there's no doubt I could make it to that. ;D

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2006, 02:04 PM »
Muskrat sounds like the place to have an IS Eastern Ontario G2G.. If I am able to make Trappers event, I will be there in a second ;).All for a good cause...What do you guys think? Were almost at setting up a date....There are so many lakes in Ontario, just not enough time to fish' em all :-[
Andrew

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Muskrat sounds pretty good.  Easy lake access and parking. 

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Offline WFGlenn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hi, I look fat in this picture.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Sounds good to me, I'm in Ottawa so anything works for me.

Good to see you all.

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Muskrat seems like the place to go..Plenty of options as to what we can target and the location caters to most of us :D

We can work on a date closer to first ice...This should be fun ;D
Andrew

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2006, 07:37 AM »
Bump!,

Let's hope we get some ice soon guys  >:(  by the looks of it we won't be on until well after Christmas...

Andrew

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2006, 02:53 PM »
How 'bout everyone who is interested put up a post here... should it be a one day or two day event?  There is a motel at the restaurant/gas station in Cobden just 2 minutes from the lake.  Not sure if it's open year 'round but we may be able to secure some room for whatever weekend we decide on.

Let's get plannin boys!

I'm by no means a local to this lake but we've caught fish every time out, here're some pics...

Offline Ransome

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Dam those are some good looking boys holding up some nice fish!!!!  :D
Them lakers better be where i left them last year... if they are, there in for it  :-X

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Dam those are some good looking boys holding up some nice fish!!!!  :D

Oh please... :roflmao: :whistle:...

LOL Ian, I am sure they will be waitin' for ya...d**n Bucket, those perch look tasty right about now :)...I know of another spot that holds some Jumbo perch  :) Hint..Camp Fortune  :) Big Smallies... Hope to be fishing up there at least once a week :D

Bucket, I think a 2 day event would be more fun as we could fish another lake on day two. Depending on how many people actually show intrest that might just work  :tipup:...C'mon guys! Ice should be here in no time ;)

If you are serious, please throw in a few suggestions..

-Andrew
Andrew

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2007, 12:17 PM »
bump
Andrew

Offline algoneida

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Golden lake sounds pretty good....have friends and family  in pikwakanagan (golden lake first nation)....not too far from my hometown Mattawa either.....and i agree....with walleye being re-opened it should prove to be a very productive spot...just might have to take a trip there next weekend

Offline smokefan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • live for icefish'n
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2007, 01:19 PM »
im in to it just depends where and when, :tipup:
fish hard or dont fish !!!

Offline mormyshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Hey guys!!!- Come to fishing paradise ,come to Wawa!!!
I will give you nice ,clean place to stay (why not??-I own small motel -14  units) and it will be free!!
to IceShanty members. Don't tell me it is to far -it's only 10 hrs from Toronto and 9 from Ottawa.
Sounds good??
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I just wasted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.