Author Topic: Does anyone use fishbrain?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anyone use fishbrain?
« on: Dec 22, 2020, 08:02 AM »
Wondering if anyone has the premium version of the ap?

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Does anyone use fishbrain?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2020, 09:33 AM »
I did for about two minutes. Then I saw the reports and laughed and laughed and laughed. Then I deleted the app.

You're worse off if you use it.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2020, 03:19 PM »
no

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2020, 07:31 AM »
I like Anglr a lot better.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2020, 08:54 AM »
I like Anglr a lot better.

Yje free version or the paid version.

What do you like about it?

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2020, 12:07 PM »
Yje free version or the paid version.

What do you like about it?

I have a year of the premium that my GF got for me last Christmas, but the free version has much of what I like. Also, you can use the app on a mobile device, or get one of the Bullseyes ($30) that you just push once to record your catch. In my opinion, the app is just so easy to use.

In addition to ice fishing, I fly fish and fish a lot of bass tournaments. One of the most important things I've been doing the past few years, is keeping a log, I started doing this with a pen and paper, or just the best I could from memory, but the Anglr app really streamlines it. It records a lot of information in the background (weather conditions, pressure, water data from USGS gauges if they are nearby, etc), along with allowing me to mark the exact spot I caught a fish, along with waypoints, and my own notes I'll often make, and reference if I am expecting similar conditions. Additionally, I fish a lot of tournaments on flood control reservoirs that they draw down at this time of year, so I will often walk the lakes, and mark rockpiles, brushpiles, offshore structure, etc, so I can put the coordinates on my fish finder, and come back during the summer.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2020, 07:12 PM »
the fishbrain app is one of the stupidest things i've ever put on my phone.  Around here its mostly used by people to incorrectly identify fish and say they caught them in the completely wrong spots. 

the app refuses to only show you the fisherman and spots you follow.  it shows you others all over some ridiculously large mile radius, so i'm getting updates on fishermen fishing spots i don't fish. 

I only put it on my phone because a friend of mine is/was a "prostaffer" for this app.  he got me a free premium subscription to it.  worthless. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.