Author Topic: GIANT CUTBOW During A Grinder!!  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
GIANT CUTBOW During A Grinder!!
« on: Dec 15, 2020, 03:43 PM »
When you go out to fish, most of the time you have the goal of pulling some fish in. It doesn't always work out the way you expect but what is important is you have fun and hopefully learn from what you're doing...

This past weekend I went out with some new found friends; hours away from where I live, and we were in a grinder all day. We landed some good fish but overall it was a tough day...It would've been a lame experience if I wasn't out with two new friends and having lots of laughs!

Hope you guys enjoy the video...It was a tough day but my buddy landed his PB Cutbow and a beauty at that! I also accidently left my camera running when I lost a fish toward the end of the day and got my rage moment caught on film, I thought it was funny so I left it in, hopefully you get some levity out of it too😂😃🎣

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: GIANT CUTBOW During A Grinder!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2020, 04:37 PM »
I was there last Friday and it was a dead zone for me, only marked two fish in 6 hours.  Not the lake it used to be

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2020, 06:46 PM »
I was there last Friday and it was a dead zone for me, only marked two fish in 6 hours.  Not the lake it used to be

We went because several parties of people we know of have been catching nothing but trophies...Apparently dead sticking different soft plastics was the way to go, which I didn't do. Finicky bite but at least we had a good time out on the ice!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2020, 09:42 PM »
We went because several parties of people we know of have been catching nothing but trophies...Apparently dead sticking different soft plastics was the way to go, which I didn't do. Finicky bite but at least we had a good time out on the ice!

Still better than a good day at work ;) 

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2020, 06:19 AM »
Yes that is a long ways to go. I have been there just once. Not worth the drive.
<===Lefty===

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2020, 09:44 AM »
Still better than a good day at work ;)

Can't argue with that :)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2020, 09:44 AM »
Yes that is a long ways to go. I have been there just once. Not worth the drive.

We have a channel goal of eventually fishing all the lakes and rivers in the state (I know it will take a VERY long time), so at least I got to cross that one off haha...I'll be back there though next year to get revenge!!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2020, 10:03 AM »
We have a channel goal of eventually fishing all the lakes and rivers in the state (I know it will take a VERY long time), so at least I got to cross that one off haha...I'll be back there though next year to get revenge!!

Man thats a challage for sure, I wish you luck on that adventure

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2020, 08:52 PM »
Team CO.F.F.  days like you experienced make those rare days when the fish bite on any and every lure all the more special. Please give my congratulations to DJ on catching his PB cut bow through the ice.Glad you got to fish with new friends and add another lake to list of Colorado waters you have fished.
  Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2020, 02:11 PM »
Man thats a challage for sure, I wish you luck on that adventure

Thank you! I'm hoping I can accomplish it in my lifetime lol

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2020, 02:12 PM »
Team CO.F.F.  days like you experienced make those rare days when the fish bite on any and every lure all the more special. Please give my congratulations to DJ on catching his PB cut bow through the ice.Glad you got to fish with new friends and add another lake to list of Colorado waters you have fished.
  Steve

It really does, hoping to have that type of quantity experience this saturday when we go out. Targeting big Cutbows/Rainbows again but at a different lake. I most certainly will, we're already planning our next ice trip out! I'll be back here next year to get revenge, just getting a hotel or a cabin next time lol.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2020, 08:45 PM »
 Smart idea looking into lodging near any lakes that are several hours drive from your home location. I fpossible try and plan one or two long distance overnight or multiple days trips for the 2021-2022 ice fishing season.
  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.