Author Topic: Grub getter-wax worm question  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Grub getter-wax worm question
« on: Oct 16, 2006, 07:30 PM »
I just picked up a Lindy grub getter last weekend and it looks like it will work great, but there are no air holes ???
It says on the package that it is good for storage of bait, will the little buggers run out of air if I keep the lid closed tightly? It has a rubber gasket so I am fairly confident it is reasonably airtight. Is the seal beneficial to prevent dehydration? The little plastic containers I get them from the baitshop in are sealed also, but I always pierced a hole in the lid before I stored them. I guess worms don't need much for quality air or they would die in their burrows. ???

Do we have any bug scientists on Ice Shanty ;) ;D

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Grub getter-wax worm question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2006, 08:49 AM »
I owna  lindy grub getter as well, and I use it only for on ice transport. When at home they are kept in a larger container with better air flow. I have never had an on ice issue with the container

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2006, 09:05 AM »
Bought one of these on the weekend. I thought they had a cool design, although a little bulky.
Andrew

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2006, 09:30 AM »
I don't think wax worms require much air and if you are picking out the dead ones or fishing regularily, they will get plenty of new air.  I store mine in a film case, which should be air tight, and I never really noticed them dying any faster than the bulk ones that were in the container with the pierced lid. 

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2006, 09:39 AM »
  I bought one last year, yes although slightly bulky, a great invention indeed ;D. No more open containers in your pockets, no more wind tipping them over and blowing them all over the place. I think at the end of ice season last year my waxies, the last couple were still alive for a couple months ???. if you use them every weekend or every other weekend they should be getting enough fresh air.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.