The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: HT Enterprises E Drill vs Eskimo Pistol Bit vs Strikemaster Lite Flite vs K Dril  (Read 5652 times)

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
I jumped on board with the ht edrill.good price at $112 with and free ship.

Offline 802livin

• IceShanty Rookie
I jumped on board with the ht edrill.good price at $112 with and free ship.

Can't beat that! I was learning towards this one out of the gate but I got sucked into the youtubes and reviews and comparisons and this wasn't reviewed or brought up very often. I am sure this cuts great and for at that price can't get much better. Once you get out there and use it, please report back!

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Let me know how you like it.  I'd like to get rid of the clam plate as well.  I don't see why anyone would get a Kdrill with that on the market now.  Only thing the Kdrill has is chipper blades which are more expensive to replace if damaged.

Scratch that thought.  I ended up pulling the trigger on a 8 inch nils to pair with my octane.  No more clam plate.  Cyber Monday got me at 11:23PM.  At least the business went to FishUSA.  Now if we could only get ice!!!!!!!!!!!
westernmas on the finder

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
i dont have experience with anything other then Moras, and iver popped a few holes with Ions, but i love my Kdrill and dont have one complaint. chews up ice real good. people say Kdrill is slow but still faster then Ions, gas, or hand cranks

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
I love my K-Drill. Not one complaint. It is light and fast. Is it the lightest or fastest? Do not care. Free sharpening is a bonus too.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i dont have experience with anything other then Moras, and iver popped a few holes with Ions, but i love my Kdrill and dont have one complaint. chews up ice real good. people say Kdrill is slow but still faster then Ions, gas, or hand cranks

I almost pulled the trigger on the Kdrill till I saw a comparison, it is slower than the newer augers, heavier than them and more expensive. The  biggest thing I saw that I didnt like was you had to keep pulling up all the ice shavings every couple inches..pain in the butt.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
“The  biggest thing I saw that I didnt like was you had to keep pulling up all the ice shavings every couple inches..pain in the butt.”

I never have had to do this. What say other K-Drill owners.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
I've used one and didn't find the need to pull out prematurely  before busting through the bottom of the ice. (Puns intended) 

I thought it was decent but still prefer my nils and Milwaukee.  Cuts like ice doesn't exist.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
“The  biggest thing I saw that I didnt like was you had to keep pulling up all the ice shavings every couple inches..pain in the butt.”

I never have had to do this. What say other K-Drill owners.

I think its only needed when drilling through like a foot of ice but I've never used one just from observations in videos.
westernmas on the finder

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I've used one and didn't find the need to pull out prematurely  before busting through the bottom of the ice. (Puns intended) 

I thought it was decent but still prefer my nils and Milwaukee.  Cuts like ice doesn't exist.

Exactly...late season slush ice also has a effect ..less then a foot of ice the speed is negatable between the other style of blades ...beats hand drilling and a power head set up.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I almost pulled the trigger on the Kdrill till I saw a comparison, it is slower than the newer augers, heavier than them and more expensive. The  biggest thing I saw that I didnt like was you had to keep pulling up all the ice shavings every couple inches..pain in the butt.
ya pulling shavingS out has never been a thing for me...i put the kdrill thru some crazy tests last year. can even drill into the ice at a 45degree angle with ease...why would u need to you dont, but i did it.. but have been over a foot of ice i drilled, not one hang up or hiccup. speed is not a concern, but kdrill is still FAST! DEFINITLY fast ENOUGH! If my kdrill went missing today , i wouldn't consider replacing with anything different!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
ya pulling shavingS out has never been a thing for me...i put the kdrill thru some crazy tests last year. can even drill into the ice at a 45degree angle with ease...why would u need to you dont, but i did it.. but have been over a foot of ice i drilled, not one hang up or hiccup. speed is not a concern, but kdrill is still FAST! DEFINITLY fast ENOUGH! If my kdrill went missing today , i wouldn't consider replacing with anything different!

That 45 deg angle is something I pondered but have yet to try ..it was considered a technique for helping icing trout and salmon  ;)2
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That 45 deg angle is something I pondered but have yet to try ..it was considered a technique for helping icing trout and salmon  ;)2
thats why i tried it out. my brain was considering the fact that a big pike would be easy to slide up a 45 degree hole pretty easy...also thought maybe a little less noticiable to the fish there is a hole above the bait..prob not, but maybe

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Some videos in the past did not do it justice ..underpowered drill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.