Author Topic: Ice fishing pal in edmonton ??  (Read 9107 times)

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
Ice fishing pal in edmonton ??
« on: Oct 16, 2006, 01:47 AM »
 I Moved to Edmonton last year and now that I`m settled in and bought a place etc. I`d like to find someone that would be interested in doing some hard water fishing together when the ice gets here. I left alot of my gear behind when I moved (my shack, power auger, snowmobile, sled) But I still have my vexilar fl-18 ultra, a few poles and most of my lures. If I can find a partner to fish with and show me around I will aquire any new equipment necessary to improve our chances of reeling them in lol. As I do not have a truck, atv ,snowmachine and no place to store these items getting to a lake in winter would be difficult. I will chip in for gas heat tanks bait food etc. Intrested  post here or PM me. Looking forward to hearing from the locals. I will be away 2 weeks of every 3 as i work on an oil rig so I may be slow to reply. Thanks keny

Offline cheffy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice fishing pal in edmonton ??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2006, 10:48 PM »

Hey!
   Cheffy here, my buddy and I head out about twice a week starting in the middle of Dec. You are more than welcome to join us.We usually go for trout earlier in the season  with a couple of pike trips thrown in then we go for whitefish in march and april .Don't usually fish any deeper that 15 ft  unless we're going for pike.We split the gas and bait costs I can pick you up. If your interested let me know and I'll let you know when I'm heading out.

Tight Lines & Good Fishing

Cheffy

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Be looking forward to hearing from you

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2006, 03:59 AM »

I think I`m set up now with everything I need except a partner with wheels and a honey hole full of fish. Anyone  besides Cheffy willing to share their secret spot ??

Offline happy perch fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2006, 08:15 PM »
lol this is funny

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2006, 02:03 AM »
I`m not getting to fish nearly enough - someone is going to have to help me not waste all my new stuff by talking me out to the lake!!

Offline DaCrunch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2006, 02:23 AM »
Dude,

Whereabouts do you live in the city and what weeks are you around? I may go out once this week. Or there is always the New Year! As long as you are not too far out of the wat...lol ;D

Offline fries

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2006, 01:47 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
I think I`m set up now with everything I need except a partner with wheels and a honey hole full of fish. Anyone  besides Cheffy willing to share their secret spot ??

hay kenny  u should drop me e-mail i'm looking at going out this weekend i'm in need of [email protected]
i love chasing eyes maybe calling or touchwood. got all the gear truck,tent,augers,flasher,aqua view,

Offline PowerBaitron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2006, 02:51 AM »
Please explain how you work for an oil company and cannot afford a truck. Just kidding, I was in same boat for many years until I got on with the mounites, now I don't have the time to go. But when you don't have time gotta make it.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2006, 08:27 AM »
Please explain how you work for an oil company and cannot afford a truck. Just kidding, I was in same boat for many years until I got on with the mounites, now I don't have the time to go. But when you don't have time gotta make it.

I would never think you are a mountie.

Offline PowerBaitron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Why's that, I said I was just kidding? Think what ya want but I have never talked to you before so I am jsut curious where you are rawing that "thought" from that I am not a mountie. This site is about fishing anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Offline PowerBaitron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2006, 08:07 PM »
It's a well known fact oil workers amke more than we do anyways.

Offline PowerBaitron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2006, 08:09 PM »
And please excuse me typing errors.

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #13 on: Dec 27, 2006, 03:02 AM »
At no time did I ever say I could not afford a truck - I said that I do not have a truck or atv and have no place to store these things. I bought a Town House with one small parking space (in my attached garage) which will barely park my wifes Taurus. (all this for a mere $320,000Can.) If I were to buy another vehicle I would have to park it on the street where it would likely get towed by the city while I was away for my 2 weeks at work. I fly to work so I do not need another vehicle, anyway it is cheaper to take a cab to the airport than it is to park there.

Offline PowerBaitron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:47 AM »
Not a prob, it was just a friendly joke. How has the fishing been around edmonton?

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2006, 11:57 AM »
I only got out once (to pigeon lake) and it was quite slow.

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2006, 09:15 PM »
i was out to pigeon lake a second time and it was still slow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.