Author Topic: Humminbird Helix 7 Mega DI GPS G3N Issues  (Read 1825 times)

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
Humminbird Helix 7 Mega DI GPS G3N Issues
« on: Mar 15, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Please note . I have my helix in Ice Fishing Mode. Its is 2 months old.  I have it powered with a new Dakota Lithium 12-Volt 10 AH Battery.

Issue One: I've noticed with my helix 7 when I first power it on after the welcome screen  the unit just gives me a blank white screen that looks like the Jig Charge screen for a few seconds . Then it flickers twice then it will go to the proper view screen.

Issue two: Once every few hours while in Ice Fishing. While I am on the flasher screen the helix just will go from reading 92 feet s, howing all the proper markings to a screen that shows a zero depth and a flasher screen with no markings. Then go back to normal about 20 seconds later .

Issue three: If I do a factory reset the Helix will not recognize the transducer immediately. I have to play with it for 20 minutes until it does. The way I have got past it was just plug in the summer ducer then go back and plug in the Ice ducer .

I have updated the software to the most current available. I have swapped out two ice ducers to make sure one wasnt bad and also had a friend run both Ice ducers on his helix and both worked fine.

Guys am I looking at a bad head unit?

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
Re: Humminbird Helix 7 Mega DI GPS G3N Issues
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2020, 12:03 PM »
Likely. I own that same model and haven’t encountered any issues like that at all. I would reach out to humminbird Monday. If they haven’t already closed their place down like everyone else.
“Some of us are wise, and some of us are otherwise” M.R. Levin...

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2020, 08:52 PM »
Were you able to get ahold of humminbird?

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2020, 01:51 AM »
Were you able to get a hold of humminbird?
No I was on hold forever with Humminbird . I called the store where i bought it . I explained my situation .They exchanged the sonar for me.
I'm happy again .

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2020, 05:29 AM »
👍 awesome all is well that ends well

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.