Author Topic: Milwaukee Electric Drill and Swede Bore Manual Auger  (Read 689 times)

Offline Swingpure

• IceShanty Rookie
Milwaukee Electric Drill and Swede Bore Manual Auger
« on: Mar 03, 2020, 06:32 PM »
This is my second year using the Milwaukee Tool M18 FUEL 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2 inch Drill/Driver Kit W/(2) 5.0Ah Batteries and using a Swede Bore 8” manual auger for the auger. Obviously I remove the handle off the auger and use an adapter between the bottom portion of the auger and the drill.

It has been excellent and extremely reliable.

Not that speed is an issue, but three times I have raced against gas powered augers, I have drilled the hole faster. I am sure it would lose versus some gas powered augers, but it just shows that it holds it own.

I get over 40 10” deep holes out of each battery and it comes with two batteries. More holes than I would ever need to drill on any given day.

The drill has a lot of torque 1200 inch pounds of torque and has no problem going through the ice. The only issue with this auger is redrilling an old hole.

I use a 1x4x11”piece of wood with a hole drilled in the Centre to make sure the auger does not go down the hole if the adapter ever came out of the drill chuck.

I have no problem with the cold with the batteries. The whole unit is light and starts with a push of a button.

Offline irishman03

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Milwaukee Electric Drill and Swede Bore Manual Auger
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2020, 08:41 AM »
I bought one with the k drill this year and will never go back. I drilled two to one against my dads gas auger yester day. We were drilling about 25 inches only 6 of it being good ice. My only suggestion would be to look at an auger designed for a drill as its lighter and designed to open old holes or overlap if needed.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Milwaukee Electric Drill and Swede Bore Manual Auger
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2020, 09:01 AM »
Center point and/or ring is a big game changer as far as efficiency no skipping on glare ice. Also not a fan of the extensions side handle ..it is removable via the snap ring . I love my set up ..2704/Clam Plate/8" K-Drill. ..my buddys is great to 2804/Clam Plate/HT E-Drill. Good luck with your set up. 

PS you should add your location to your profile
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.