Author Topic: Ice out  (Read 22121 times)

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Ice out
« Reply #90 on: Mar 10, 2020, 03:54 PM »
I’ll take a ride this weekend, if I don’t see anything I like rainbow wise which is possible I’ll call it. I’ll fish the manager trout rivers for 2 weeks til Salmon opens then do that til the stripers and Flounder show up and shoot a few turkeys in between
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Mar 10, 2020, 04:11 PM »
I see you have it all figured out Frank. I will divide my time between salmon, trout and Harley...

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #92 on: Mar 10, 2020, 04:19 PM »
Never driven a motorcycle before!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #93 on: Mar 10, 2020, 04:22 PM »
Most all my key rainbow spots are junk, but I'll take one more run somewhere this weekend.
I don't do much trolling these days. So after next weekend.....it's Harley, River Trout fishing, Turkey.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Mar 10, 2020, 04:39 PM »
 Checked the Lake across from my house, couldn’t hold me! Yeah, it’s a white claw, all that was in the fridge. Take your shots!  ;D

Offline jpease

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Mar 10, 2020, 06:59 PM »
Checked the Lake across from my house, couldn’t hold me! Yeah, it’s a white claw, all that was in the fridge. Take your shots!  ;D

Don't think I have ever even had one in my fridge....

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #96 on: Mar 10, 2020, 07:12 PM »
Good man lol

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Mar 10, 2020, 08:34 PM »
I don't even know what to say, Frank, except that this Deep Devil I have right now must taste so much better lol.

I'm calling it for the season, unfortunately. Everything around here looks iffy, and scouting isn't in the cards right now. I still have 11 bait fish, and I see some open water on some year round places, so I might try it with the rod. I was thinking of employing a bobber to keep the bait suspended and swimming. Does that make sense, or is there another tactic that would work better?
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Mar 10, 2020, 09:02 PM »
I don't even know what to say, Frank, except that this Deep Devil I have right now must taste so much better lol.

I'm calling it for the season, unfortunately. Everything around here looks iffy, and scouting isn't in the cards right now. I still have 11 bait fish, and I see some open water on some year round places, so I might try it with the rod. I was thinking of employing a bobber to keep the bait suspended and swimming. Does that make sense, or is there another tactic that would work better?

Hanging them under a bobber work fine... Good luck.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #99 on: Mar 11, 2020, 05:11 AM »

That sounds much better!

Your tactic will work fine anywhere it’s legal.

Up north here guys will put the shiner on a hook and stick the hook on the end of pvc pipe and keep adding extensions to it until the get to there desired distance under the ice from the open shoreline then pull the pvc pipe back in as it leaves the bait out there. Works slick

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Mar 11, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Joe is that a picture of your faceplant from yesterday?  ???
Nope, that's the top 4"of ice, I could take it into a pile with my foot...we are loosing g ice from both sides now, old holes are draining making huge spider webs,the wheeler broke through getting off the lake yesterday....took a day of rest today, only got 4 smallies 1 white and a yellow yesterday, dark to dark, going to regroup for the final few days...on foot..Saturday, will be it IF  I can get on the lake without  a plank..because this old man doesn't walk one.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #101 on: Mar 11, 2020, 08:28 PM »
All I can say is wow been on a family vacation out of the country for the last 3 weeks was on the ice when I left and come home to no snow and no ice was hoping to get out a couple more times this year but scratch that. Hope you guys had a great season thanks for all the laughs and banter this season.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #102 on: Mar 11, 2020, 08:30 PM »

AA got a new haircut for ya

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #103 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:48 AM »
Lmfaoooooo

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Mar 12, 2020, 01:34 PM »

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #105 on: Mar 12, 2020, 03:41 PM »

That’s true, I do what I want anyhow

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Mar 12, 2020, 03:53 PM »
I’ll take a ride this weekend, if I don’t see anything I like rainbow wise which is possible I’ll call it. I’ll fish the manager trout rivers for 2 weeks til Salmon opens then do that til the stripers and Flounder show up and shoot a few turkeys in between

Solid plan, I've never Turkey hunted, going to give it a go this year, alot of them behind my house, going to try with a bow.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #107 on: Mar 12, 2020, 03:54 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:01 PM »

Are flounders fun or just good eating?  I never thought that they would be fun.

Just curious question from a guy that is thousands of miles from flounders.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #109 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:02 PM »
Solid plan, I've never Turkey hunted, going to give it a go this year, alot of them behind my house, going to try with a bow.

I just set up the wife with a new Remington 11-87 youth in 20 gauge I just bought new for a song. I installed fiber optic front a rears and threw a primos tight wad choke in. Pattern is deadly! 3” longbeard XR from Winchester

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #110 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:03 PM »
Are flounders fun or just good eating?  I never thought that they would be fun.

Just curious question from a guy that is thousands of miles from flounders.

Very fun!!! Fight like hell!!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:12 PM »
I just set up the wife with a new Remington 11-87 youth in 20 gauge I just bought new for a song. I installed fiber optic front a rears and threw a primos tight wad choke in. Pattern is deadly! 3” longbeard XR from Winchester

Sweet
..my wife will eat them, she won't hunt them...she does  chase squirrels with a broom!

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:18 PM »
Brown bag or not if it’s booze it’s down  :tipup:
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #113 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:20 PM »
Brown bag or not if it’s booze it’s down  :tipup:

My man!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:49 PM »
Where the heck did you find one in youth? I've been looking for that same gun to no avail. I've got a chance to grab a mossy super bantam 500 youth for my son. Like I was telling you a few weekends ago, I have a h+r pardner, but being a single shot, it still packs a wollop. Great gun but he needs something choked down for turkeys as well.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #115 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Where the heck did you find one in youth? I've been looking for that same gun to no avail. I've got a chance to grab a mossy super bantam 500 youth for my son. Like I was telling you a few weekends ago, I have a h+r pardner, but being a single shot, it still packs a wollop. Great gun but he needs something choked down for turkeys as well.

No BS Somersworth Walmart had two of them and I kid you not they were 200 dollars. I bought both and they come with the spacers to make it full size they shoot and cycle like a dream.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:54 PM »
No BS Somersworth Walmart had two of them and I kid you not they were 200 dollars. I bought both and the come with the spacers to make it full size the shoot and cycle like a dream.
Ohh. Those were the ones you were talking about.
Damn. I'd love to get my hands on one of those(not yours...lol). Now that you have 2,  If you see any around, let me know. 

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #117 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:56 PM »
Yep those were the ones I mentioned to you. I’ll keep my eyes peeled, easier to find than toilet paper these days

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Mar 12, 2020, 05:11 PM »
Thanks Frank. I hope so. Theyre both sparse.
 I'll keep looking around. A man can go without TP. Another shotgun....never!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #119 on: Mar 12, 2020, 05:21 PM »
True, and this thaw is only going to bring more TP in the form of leaves on my property  @)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.