The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Where to find?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Where to find?
« on: Oct 01, 2006, 10:29 PM »

After alot of bragging on 'er, my old Jiffy is a leaker and down. Need to know if I can find a diaphram  for a '54 Jiffy 121. She's always been a good auger and hate to put it up just yet. Plus I rally can't afford 300 for new right now. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Where to find?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2006, 07:59 PM »
It sounds like it's one of those wrist breaking, one arm bandit's, that I used for FIFTEEN plus years, and loved it!  :) :) Had to give up mine, because the there wasn't any blade too sharpen anymore. The blade was part of the flighting, non- replaceable! No parts available! Discontinued!  :(  Good Luck!  :) shawner! Most carbs, are discontinued too.  >:( JIFFY, made some of the first and best augers at the time! (1973 Second Hand model was mine.) Tough and simple!  ;)

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Not sure if they started with a Tecumseh engine in 54 but if it is I would contact them .

TD

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2006, 10:51 PM »

Thanks for the reply guys, that sounds like a good idea TD. It is a Tecumseh, another friend suggested a small eingine place  or a napa part place. I'll keep looking for now.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2006, 10:30 PM »
shawner! Good Luck! You're, a very brave person, to take on a quest like this! When,the replacement part system, has been broken for quite awhile!!  :(  :(

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2006, 09:47 PM »

Just bought a Jiffy 121 on ebay, so I'll have one for parts now. This one runs and no leaks! Hopefully its what I paid for when it gets here. Nice. There were a few plder Jiffy's on ebay over the last couple weeks, good out for me and fairly cheap as well. ;D ;) :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.