Author Topic: Charging drill batteries  (Read 310 times)

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Charging drill batteries
« on: Jan 26, 2020, 12:28 PM »
Am I damaging my Ridgod Octane batteries by charging them after every use, even if they're only drained partway? I have a 9ah that's my main drill battery, and a 3ah I use with the portable radio.

Sometimes when I go out, i might only drill a few holes if i get on the fish right away. Other times, I may drill a dozen or two holes moving around. I dont really know what kind of trip it will be until I get out, so I prefer to start with a fully charged battery.

Even though I have the LSA on my batteries and tools, I dont want to shorten their life by charging them when they still have 50-75% juice left.

What are your thoughts? Is it ok to top them off after every use or should I be trying to drain them more before charging?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: Charging drill batteries
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2020, 01:36 PM »
I have a number of Ridgid tools and they came with 2- 4 amp batteries and they last a long time! No need to recharge after each outing, but no harm either. They won't develop a memory like Ni-Cads will. A 9 amp battery should drill a bunch of holes before needing charging. A Li-ion battery will totally run down and then stop. No harm, just recharge it! Try and see how it works for you!! Good luck!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.