Author Topic: Nice Trout and Bald Eagles!!  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice Trout and Bald Eagles!!
« on: Jan 07, 2020, 01:15 PM »
Had a blast up at Sweetwater Lake here in Colorado! We were targeting Trout and Kokanee Salmon, no salmon unfortunately! But we landed into some nice trout! Got some really nice drone shots of the Lake and also captured two BALD EAGLES hanging out looking over the lake! Really cool and majestic to see, felt fortunate to capture them :) Also got to test out my new Pexmor Ice fishing tent...My father purchased it for me after watching my blizzard episode LOL :P Nice little modest two person tent! I'll do a review on it later after using it a few more times :)

We will probably head up there again sometime this winter to try again, really beautiful area in the winter time!
Hope you guys enjoy the video! Like, Share, and Subscribe if you do ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Nice Trout and Bald Eagles!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Thank you for posting another video the two of you get to fish in some beautiful country. Nice drone footage seeing the eagles was a treat. I'm not familiar with that brand of Hub/pop-up shelter very nice of your father to purchase it for you.
 Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2020, 10:44 PM »
Thank you for posting another video the two of you get to fish in some beautiful country. Nice drone footage seeing the eagles was a treat. I'm not familiar with that brand of Hub/pop-up shelter very nice of your father to purchase it for you.
 Steve

Thanks Steve! We're both very happy we made the decision to commit to getting into Ice Fishing this year! It's been a blast, and it's been great seeing all these places in the winter :) I'm glad you have been enjoying them. I was ecstatic to get some of that footage; I was tempted to get closer but didn't want to disturb them any more then I already was...such majestic creatures!! It was really nice of him, he saw my blizzard video and said I need one lol. Gotta love your dad!! I'll do a review on it here in the future ;D Still thinking of getting a big one for when the whole team goes out with people! Thanks again for all your support Steve!

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2020, 06:02 AM »
Nice trip and video!!
Where is this lake located in relation to Winter Park?
Thx.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Nice trip and video!!
Where is this lake located in relation to Winter Park?
Thx.

Thank you! It was fun getting up there and seeing that place with Hardwater! It's a bit of a trip for you, probably would be around 3 hours...You have to head west to Dotsero on I-70 and then head north and follow the signs. Really easy to get to with google maps, just bring a decent vehicle. The last few miles can be pretty icy and covered with snow. Good place to get away though, i've never caught anything HUGE out of there but always catch some fish at least :) Thanks for the support!

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2020, 09:30 PM »
3 hrs after I get to Winter Park.
My wife skis at WP, and I may have to tag along next time.
Btw, I'm from Indiana.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2020, 10:12 PM »
3 hrs after I get to Winter Park.
My wife skis at WP, and I may have to tag along next time.
Btw, I'm from Indiana.

Oooohhh! :o ya lol a little bit more of a trip then! If you come out, you two should go up to Grand Mesa!! Great scenery up there, AMAZING Fishing (300+ bodies of water up there), and all types of camping or lodging...They have campgrounds, lodges, and dispersed camping all over. Ice fishing is awesome up there too, just not a lot that's accessible unless you snowshoe or snowmobile in. Sorry probably too much info...Sweetwater is a great place, don't get me wrong; I just think there's a lot more to offer if you make a trip way out here :)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:11 AM »
Thanks for sharing....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:28 AM »

Great video and some very nice fish. The views are spectacular!

smitty :tipup:

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2020, 12:39 PM »
Glad you guys enjoyed! The views are great up there, not the best place to catch GIANTS but a good place to get away :) Nice to see the place during the winter up there...Heading up there again in a week or two to try my luck one more time on the hard water up there for salmon. Have gotten some really nice advice, so going to try it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.