New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Onondaga Lake Youth Fishing Derby Results  (Read 554 times)

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
Onondaga Lake Youth Fishing Derby Results
« on: Jul 25, 2006, 02:16 PM »

Despite the rain, this years National Teen Anglers Central New York Bass Derby also known as the Allen Fannin Memorial Fishing Derby was an incredibly huge success.  Kids and parents stood in the rain for almost 5 hours and hardly complained because the fish were biting so well.  Everyone who attended caught a large quantity and a wide variety of fish.  This included largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, sunfish, bluegills, white perch, yellow perch, bullheads, and carp.

Attendance this year was excellent.  We more than doubled our attendance from last years event.  Every child who came out to fish with us received a brand new Xterra spinning rod & reel that was donated by the Shakespeare Company.

Some the kids caught some very large fish and were recognized for their accomplishment.  Thomas Merrit II of Syracuse caught the largest bass.  It was a 3.08 lb smallmouth bass.  Anthony Sokolowski of Brewerton caught the largest bluegill/sunfish that weighed 0.12 oz.  Benjamin Chouinard of Minoa won the prize for the Most Rounded Fisherman (for catching the largest variety of fish).  We also had a prize each hour for the largest white perch.  Our winners were Joseph Wallace of Oswego, Tyler King of Syracuse, Hunter Jones of Cicero, Ryan Friscik of Central Square, Nick Sokolowski of Brewerton, and Garret Rice of Oswego.

Special thank you's go out to Al Bernetti & Suzanne of National Teen Anglers, Leiko Benson & Onondaga Lake Park, Roxanne at the Shakespeare Company, and most of all my lovely wife Joann who allows me to share my fishing enthusiasm with kids.

I would like to also extend two more extra special thank you's to, Richard Sierzant of Colorado and
Micheline Beluse of Pointe-Claire, Quebec.  These two wonderful people made financial donations to our event.  God Bless you both.

We are already starting to plan next years event that will be on July 21st, 2007.  It is bound to be an awesome time with plenty of the five great F's.  Great fishing, friends, food, facilities and freebies.  We hope to see you all next year.

If you would like to see more pictures please go to the following web page, http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/Rangerclay/Allen%20F%20Event%202006/?sc=1&multi=1&addtype=local&media=image  Once there you may click on any picture to enlarge it.

Thank you
Joe Hulbert

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.