The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: What part of Browns lake Ovando is the best to fish?  (Read 1375 times)

Onthehatch

What part of Browns lake Ovando is the best to fish?
« on: Dec 13, 2019, 09:11 PM »
New to fishing browns like if someone wants to share any info or PM me I would greatly appreciate any and all info on where and how to fish browns like on hardwater. Thank you!

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: What part of Browns lake Ovando is the best to fish?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2019, 11:07 PM »
You may find some info if you read through the Browns Lake thread in the "Montana Fishing Reports & Conditions" section.....The "Archives" sub section may hold some info also.....You can also load up your gear, head to the lake, punch some holes & see if a little time spent scouting gets you on some fish.....Nothing more gratifying than putting some time in exploring a new body of water & having a successful outcome.....I've only been to/fished the lake once & I did catch some fish.....Good luck to ya & stay safe !!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2019, 11:19 PM »
You may find some info if you read through the Browns Lake thread in the "Montana Fishing Reports & Conditions section.....The "Archives" sub section may hold some info also.....You can also load up your gear, head to the lake, punch some holes & see if a little time spent scouting gets you on some fish.....Nothing more gratifying than putting some time in exploring a new body of water & having a successful outcome.....I've only been to/fished the lake once & I did catch some fish.....Good luck to ya & stay safe !!
I agree, love going to a new body of water and figuring it out.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2019, 01:15 AM »
It's not that big. Start walking and poke some holes. Put some effort in and look  for 8-10' of water. Substantial winter killed the last two year so don't expect to light it up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.