Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: ICE FISHING SEASON  (Read 1347 times)

Offline old time jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
ICE FISHING SEASON
« on: Nov 29, 2019, 03:45 AM »
Everyone have a SAFE and productive year.
Take a child fishing and take the time to teach them how to fish safely but remember to let them have fun and at the same time have fun yourself.
  TIGHT LINES TO ALL!
I would rather be fishing,wait i probably am!

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ICE FISHING SEASON
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2019, 06:46 AM »
tight lines to you as well man
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2019, 03:22 PM »
Everyone have a SAFE and productive year.
Take a child fishing and take the time to teach them how to fish safely but remember to let them have fun and at the same time have fun yourself.
  TIGHT LINES TO ALL!
Thanks for the wishes! Right back at ya! So take a child fishing?  Does my 20’s something nephew count?  He lives by Indianola and has only fished the ice years ago in Pennsylvania. I would like to reintroduce him to the sport. So I get a license for both Iowa and Nebraska, and would like to save him the cost of an out of state permit.  We have fished Lake Anita open water. My sisters all live in the Des Moines area so would come for a visit and take the nephew out on the ice. Haven’t lived in that area since 1972 joined the Navy and never came back. So after my life story, could you suggest some water around Des Moines to fish? Not asking for any honey holes, unless you would like to spill your guts! ;) just don’t know where to fish over there anymore. Thanks for any information you would care to share. Looking for panfish.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2019, 09:38 PM »
I can’t wait for the upcoming season. Going to get my kids out a few times my 8 year old daughter got out on the ice last year for the first time at the trout stocking out at Ada Hayden in Ames. I plan on taking her back this year along with my 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son. That’s all he can talk about these past few weeks. We are going to set up our new Clam Hub tomorrow!

Offline Missileman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2019, 10:09 PM »
Try lake petoka on the west side of bondurant along side of highway 65-69. There’s a little bit of everything in there including crappie, bluegills, bass and perch. Fish the northeast quadrant. Deeper water and a old road bed that they used when taking dirt out to make the overpass. Also trout in there during winter. They tend to run the shoreline

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2019, 11:01 PM »
Try lake petoka on the west side of bondurant along side of highway 65-69. There’s a little bit of everything in there including crappie, bluegills, bass and perch. Fish the northeast quadrant. Deeper water and a old road bed that they used when taking dirt out to make the overpass. Also trout in there during winter. They tend to run the shoreline

Thanks, I will look into that!

Offline Missileman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2019, 11:48 PM »
Everything except the trout will be in the 15-23 ft range depending on the water level. Road bed runs north to south it rises up about 2 feet. Otherwise it’s a feature less bottom with a little wood in 6-10 foot. Perch are generally shallower. I haven’t fished it for several years since a untimely fire at work consumed my scout and auger. Looking at getting back into it I still have all my rods and my fl8. Going to have to bite the bullet and spend a grand to get set back up. I don’t think I’ve ever been skunked there. Last 2 hours of lite into midnight bluegills first then the crappies. Gills were very nice size. It’s actually on the east side of bondurant

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.