Author Topic: Big Manistique or Brevort?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Moldman52

• IceShanty Rookie
Big Manistique or Brevort?
« on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:03 AM »
Fellow Ice Fishers, Wife and I traveled the extra distance to ice fish Big Manistique last January when it was 30+ below wind chills for a few days, 2' of snow and many inches of ice catching nada. We have fished the lake several times in open waters and it has really changed. Brevort was a great lake 10+ years ago, always caught walleye and perch. My question is: after driving 8 hours to the bridge pulling a 16' extra tall enclosed trailer with 2 tracked aatv's where would you fish for a week? Any ideas would be deeply appreciated. Thanks
Wishing You All Straight Shooting, Tight Lines and a Limit of Fun

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Big Manistique or Brevort?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Can't speak on Manistique but my cousin goes to Brevort every summer and does quite well...but that's soft water. But since you've already traveled a gazillion miles to get there, why not go a few more and hit Gogebic? Excellent Walleye fishing and true jumbo Perch. They offer a couple of guide services to put you on them too. Just a thought.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Moldman52

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2019, 03:32 PM »
Been there, hate that loooong ride down highway 2, getting to old to drag stuff that many miles.
Wishing You All Straight Shooting, Tight Lines and a Limit of Fun

Offline saltwaterchangedme

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IndianaAngler.com
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2019, 08:50 AM »
Gene,

We moved our annual trip back to the 3rd week of February.  Hoping the bite will be better and we can drive trucks to fishing spots on the lake.

Happy Holidays!

Ian
I used to get excited about a 20 inch bass until I caught my first 40 inch dolphin.

Ian

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.