The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: New Equipment  (Read 6973 times)

Offline Crappie 1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New Equipment
« Reply #30 on: Nov 29, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Well I have used it here in the house and it works fine. Waiting on some ice to be able to try it out.
Crappie 1https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/avatars/crappie.jpg

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Nov 29, 2019, 07:12 PM »
Nice job Snitch...    :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2019, 03:08 AM »
I made these mods to my jet sled.  I used old canopy poles and tarp.  I put skis under the sled, mounted a milk crate in it and in the later pics you can see I mounted a boat seat to the milk crate using a hinge.  The seat will flip forward allowing me to use the crate for storage.  Hopefully this will give you some ideas.

You read my mind! Built versus bought! Working on it right now!  the milk crate idea.. and a few other items..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2019, 08:09 PM »
As you make your improvements, can you show some pics.  I might want to steal some of your ideas, lol.

Planning to use a ram mount for three hole jigging / fishin the center hole transducer the outer two for jigging keep them bussy as I pull one up..  wind break and a seat similar tk yours along with a fog light battery box etc for crappie fishing.. and double rod holders over the holes ..

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2019, 10:03 PM »
Well I have used it here in the house and it works fine. Waiting on some ice to be able to try it out.
Expect it! And welcome to show off it here with more nice photos :)
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline PJB1967

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2019, 11:20 PM »
A new drill.  Decided to go with the Milwaukee fuel 18v, 5.0 ah batteries, with 1200 torque in.  Now that I found what I want, I just have to find the best deal.  Then of coarse I have to get the adapter and the disk thingy that saves the auger, if you lose it off the drill.  Sorry but I'm new to the drill concept.  Any suggestions on the disk "thingy" and the adapter, are welcome.  But, please respond on my electric drill thread so we don't hi-jack this one further.
Just did same thing picked up the Kovac iIce master adaptor at Cabelas to use with it and my 6" lazer

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2019, 04:21 AM »
Just did same thing picked up the Kovac iIce master adaptor at Cabelas to use with it and my 6" lazer

The disk "thingy"? Doesn't have to be anything fancy. I used a round piece of 1" thick wood (1/2 or 3/4 would work too) and a couple inches bigger in diameter than my auger. Attached 2 hose clamps on each side of it to keep it from sliding up and down on the auger shaft. I also used a couple of pieces of plastic tubing under the clamps to give it some "bite" on the shaft. A few wraps of electrical or duct tape would work too. No problems for me.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2019, 12:56 PM »
I have a hard time getting up off a pail or anything low. So bough a used walker for 10.00. Took the wheels off it and added a board across the one brace for a seat,. It is very coffy and I can get up and down with no problem. The top rail is just the right height for a back rest. When I am done for the gay remove the board and fold it up. Fits in the sled nicely. The ones with the seat factory made are to heavy for what I wanted

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:48 PM »
As you make your improvements, can you show some pics.  I might want to steal some of your ideas, lol.

Got the seat frame bent up and  welded up.. got to paint it after I mount the lights and flasher to the sled base waiting for phone to charge up to get some pictures for ya..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2019, 10:29 PM »
It's a start..

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Lookin good!
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 18, 2019, 05:25 PM »
Keep working at it, I've been adding mods to mine for two years now.  I'll try something and decide If I like it or not, then change it again, til I get what I want.  Like going from the bucket in the milkcrate to putting a boat seat with a back, on it!  And, initially I had the seat mounted onto the milkcrate but couldn't use the crate.  That's why this year I put the hinge on the front of the seat.  Now I have usable storage, as well.

Yup that's how I am going about it..

I made the seat hoop's high enough to slip my small otter under and my auger if needed.. just got to make a fish finder mount /led fog light mount.. the  rod holders that's ware I am stuck so far is the rod holders I am sure to figure some thing out by the time ice hits here. Hope fully?

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 19, 2019, 10:18 AM »

My new toys.... Never thought id be able to afford this for this season... Paid 400 for the yamaha 125 for the eskimo.... Thankin the lord today for lookin out for me.... Been a long time since i had some good luck like this

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2019, 10:31 AM »
Nice score doeslayer even if the tubs bad since you got a machine a wood tub might be easier to make if needed?  if repair not posible?

But nice score! time to red neck customize it to your likings as in pimp your ride! The red neck customize part .

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:47 AM »
Nice, Doeslayer!  Your fishing territory just expanded exponentially....  @)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #45 on: Dec 19, 2019, 12:08 PM »
Nice.yamaha exciter or exciter 2.?88 to 90s model?i had a few 570s good running sleds.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #46 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Epoxy will not stick.i tried a few different kinds on my sled.jb weld plastic weld and stuff just called plastic weld 2 part epoxy,i even tried that sticky flex seal tape with rubber undercoat on it lol.something about that plastic.nothing sticks to it.old truck bedliner,old buckets make good welding materials too.

Offline WelderMike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Dec 22, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Put the finishing touches on the Snowdog truck hitch hauler. Now off to the canvas shop tomorrow to get a cover made then bring on the ice!

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 22, 2019, 11:41 AM »
You sure are handy with the heat stick i tell ya what

Offline WelderMike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 22, 2019, 12:08 PM »
You sure are handy with the heat stick i tell ya what
Thanks appreciate it. Got tongues for my sleds on the bench now  ;D

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 27, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Did some work on the sled pics to come..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.