Author Topic: Gotta keep it going "06"  (Read 48939 times)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gotta keep it going "06"
« Reply #300 on: Jul 26, 2006, 12:39 PM »
You are going to go further up than me, its 95 degrees here.

yeah, we got up there too, it was just 80 at 10am :'(

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #301 on: Jul 26, 2006, 09:18 PM »
I just close my eyes, turn to the sky, and imagine snowflakes landing on my face. If that doesn't work, I go drink beer. ;D

trapperdirk

« Reply #302 on: Jul 27, 2006, 04:42 AM »
It was fifty-two last night. Great night for sleeping with a light cool breeze. Tonight we have a little more wind for the S.W. and some fog. It's going to get more humid as the week goes on, but the water temperature is sixty-eight. Striper fishing is picking up and the lobsters have slacked off a little. It's a far cry from what it will be come January with thirty feet of sea vapor and frost on the buoys.

You must be in Alaska or Canuck territorries and I envy you lad , We hit 60 this week on lows but I could live eating lobsters . IF you can find ICE I have Visa card and augers etc .   LOL

TD

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #303 on: Jul 27, 2006, 06:26 AM »
You must be in Alaska or Canuck territorries and I envy you lad , We hit 60 this week on lows but I could live eating lobsters . IF you can find ICE I have Visa card and augers etc .   LOL

TD

hes in the beautiful state of maine TD...couldnt you tell...i just close my eyes and imagine im there...then i open them and remember i really am  ;D 

hali-man

« Reply #304 on: Jul 27, 2006, 07:17 AM »
Where are the pics from Bussman's salty adventure?
I thought they would be posted on MFF by now.  ???

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #305 on: Jul 27, 2006, 12:30 PM »
Come on Scotty, give us the lowdown on you and G's trip. I was waiting on chat this morning and you didn't show up to tell all the "STORIES" of the trip.
          Jim

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #306 on: Jul 27, 2006, 04:32 PM »
sorry guys no pics...what happens in maine stays in maine  ;) ...no camera...buss and i had a great time though...ha wrapped a decent striper around a lobster trap and the "HORSER" handled it like a pro...then we went out deep in search of haddock but to no avail. we managed some fine pollock in the 10+# class .was awesome to meet and fish with george

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #307 on: Jul 28, 2006, 09:08 AM »
Glad to hear that you and G had a fun time Scotty. I've found it to always be enjoyable meeting and fishing with guys from here and MFF.
         Jim

hali-man

« Reply #308 on: Jul 31, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Man- I'm not usually one to complain about the heat as I work out in it and it pays for my numerous bad habits...

But I sure could use a few cold days about now!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #309 on: Jul 31, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Man- I'm not usually one to complain about the heat as I work out in it and it pays for my numerous bad habits...

But I sure could use a few cold days about now!

tommorow is gonna be a killer, mid-upper 90's with the heat index over 105 :o
im glad i have a pool, i cant wait for ice :tipup:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #310 on: Jul 31, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Heat index of 110 today, and the temp hit 102. :%$#!:

SOMEONE IS NOT COOPERATING WITH MY SEPTEMBER ICE FISHING PLANS :%$#!:

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #311 on: Jul 31, 2006, 07:13 PM »
We've had more thunder storms and heavy rain this summer than I've seen for a long time. It gets real hot on the mainland and when that cool ocean breeze hits it watch out. It has rained so hard the last couple of weeks it's hard to drive. My lawn still keep on growing with the perfect combination of heat and water. When I'm not out lobstering I'm fixing phones. I wish people would unplug their phones and computers when they hear thunder. That surge protector doesn't do much good when it gets hit with 50,000 volts. That's another good thing about ice fishing, no thunder storms.
Steve

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #312 on: Jul 31, 2006, 07:18 PM »
No rain here! Its dry and crunchy! The corn is gonna die and there is no way we are gonna get another cutting of hay. :P

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #313 on: Aug 01, 2006, 04:50 AM »
It is currently 5:50AM, 82°, 74% humidity, and a heat index of 88°.  Now for the fun stuff -

Excessive heat warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT Wednesday...
Air stagnation advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 1 am EDT Wednesday...

Today
Hazy...hot and humid with highs in the upper 90s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Heat index values up to 115.

Tonight
Hazy and humid with lows in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Heat index values up to 110 in the evening.

Wednesday
Hazy...hot and humid. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming west. Chance of rain 40 percent. Heat index values up to 110 in the afternoon.
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #314 on: Aug 01, 2006, 05:17 AM »
Stay positive guy's. Maybe this is just getting rid of all the heat so when winter comes we will have a good cold one.
      Jim

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #315 on: Aug 01, 2006, 05:31 AM »
Happy August 1st................... Jim, I hope you are right because this is misserable >:( >:(
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #316 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:20 AM »
Happy August 1st................... Jim, I hope you are right because this is misserable >:( >:(

i hope so too :'( when are you starting your dome ???
WNY today, away from the lake is going to be mid-upper 90's with a heat index between 105 & 110 :'(

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #317 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:24 AM »
This heat sucks.  We have been without air at work for about 3 weeks and today is the backbreaker.  They are installing the new one as we speak, but it is already 85 degrees in my office and they will not be done until tomorrow.   :%$#!: :wacko:
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #318 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:43 AM »
This heat sucks.  We have been without air at work for about 3 weeks and today is the backbreaker.  They are installing the new one as we speak, but it is already 85 degrees in my office and they will not be done until tomorrow.   :%$#!: :wacko:

its supposed to be just as bad tomorrow :'(

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #319 on: Aug 01, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Hard to remember the ice covered lakes on days like this!

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #320 on: Aug 01, 2006, 05:29 PM »
Hard to remember the ice covered lakes on days like this!

yeah, but it feels good once you remember :tipup:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #321 on: Aug 01, 2006, 06:38 PM »
Find a walk in freezer, that should jog your memory ;D

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #322 on: Aug 02, 2006, 06:56 AM »
They are saying a heat index of 115 here today. Man I love the heat :'(
         Jim

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #323 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Time to give the neighbor kids chocolate bars and send them home. >:D

Paybacks are a B&@ch! ;)2

Can you say bath night!! ;D

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #324 on: Aug 03, 2006, 06:32 AM »
After stumbling through today, I have one more day at work before starting an early retierment ;D I'll have to pick up something on a very part time basis to cover the cost of health insurance ??? ??? But the eight hour work days are pretty much a thing of the past, at least we hope so.............
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #325 on: Aug 03, 2006, 09:09 AM »
After stumbling through today, I have one more day at work before starting an early retierment ;D I'll have to pick up something on a very part time basis to cover the cost of health insurance ??? ??? But the eight hour work days are pretty much a thing of the past, at least we hope so.............

congradulations byron, i tried taking courses in college for retirement, but no schools offered them?
well, im 30 now, only 25-30 more years to go :'(

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #326 on: Aug 03, 2006, 09:25 AM »
Byron,congrats on the early retirement. Now you will have much more time to spend on the ice!! :bow:

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #327 on: Aug 03, 2006, 09:57 AM »
I think he takes an early retirement every year based on how many days he spends on the ice.  ;)
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #328 on: Aug 03, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhh Icenutter, you know me to well ;) ;)

Hey archbishop, I'm 43..........If you'r 30, it's time to start some serious planing. My personal feeling is that it's better to retire early in poverty that later, perhaps still in poverty. Someday I might look back and regret this line of thinking, or not. Like I said, I'm going to have to do something on a parttime basis, probally till the day I die, not sure what yet.......

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #329 on: Aug 03, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhh Icenutter, you know me to well ;) ;)

Hey archbishop, I'm 43..........If you'r 30, it's time to start some serious planing. My personal feeling is that it's better to retire early in poverty that later, perhaps still in poverty. Someday I might look back and regret this line of thinking, or not. Like I said, I'm going to have to do something on a parttime basis, probally till the day I die, not sure what yet.......

hopefully this 401k thing pays off, plus the wife makes good money, hopefully she will work until shes 70 so i can retire early :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.