Author Topic: Are you ready...  (Read 4152 times)

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Are you ready...
« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:29 PM »
Your last point is quite interesting. Neat idea.

Agreed, I love it!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:42 PM »
Does NH F&G get any state funding  ??? Or are they self sufficient...in Mass an Maine I believe F&G are part of the state police  ???
That's pretty much the issue, PG. My numbers are a little fuzzy anymore, but F&G gets around 650 to 750,000 (legislated for annually)  out of the general state coffers. That general fund contribution hasn't been going on for long either. They get some Fed money (forgot the name of the act) through federal tackle sales.
The rest of their money is self funded. They also get to rescue hikers out of their budget.
Great info Richard!
Thanks Frank. Much appreciated.

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:34 PM »
Or another derby ..winter or summer, spring, fall...where a few top prizes..or lots of little ones ...and the rest of the cash goes straight to the program. Gets more people out with their families and raises $$. Or just pull over every other clearly "rented" boat on winni coming from the bars, sand bars, driving 60 mph off the bow of a guy fishing or a paddle boarder...or any of the weekend yahoos who dont follow or even know the laws....ud be all set with tons of $$

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2019, 07:14 PM »
A 3rd line permit on a 2 trap lake would be an excellent revenue source.  Maybe a salmon tag too. Lots of ways.  Bill hikers for rescues. Imagine if they used the revenue from the hike safe cards to stock fish. That would go over well yet they have no trouble using our fish and game resources. Maybe instead they should mandate hikers get a fishing license just in case they need to be rescued. 
Salmonemia

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2019, 07:40 PM »
Are we talking about Kayaks?

I have a lifetime too would it be exempt for a stamp?

Kayaks and Canoes should be registered.  Takes care of the problem.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: Feb 25, 2019, 08:52 PM »
I agree with most of the comments, I wouldn't be opposed to a fee that DIRECTLY contributes to improving fish stocking or better management planning.

The problem is that this is not what this fee will be used for.  The Powder Mill Hatchery has polluted the Merrymeeting River and directly related to toxic blooms down stream.  Fish and Game has a big problem on their hands facing major lawsuits and no money to resolve the issue.  Hence a stamp.  This issue has been well publicized.

The pollution control will likely be something to filter the flock and nutrient loading from flowing out of the hatchery.

This House Bill was shot down by the House committee 12-6 but it will see the full floor  on 2/27.  My best guess is this one will die on the floor.  The law makers hopefully will see this for what it is. 
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 26, 2019, 05:32 AM »
At one time NH had a warm water and cold water license... when did it change? I've had a lifetime license since 1986 so I never realized it changed back. Maybe it does make more sense to have a CW species stamp used specifically for the maintenance and raising of stock fish including the facility. I don't believe $5 would be enough. By the way, has anyone purchased fish at the market lately... I've seen rainbow trout $6 a pound, it's probably more now?

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 26, 2019, 05:59 AM »
All I know is CT enacted a trout stamp just 1 or 2 years ago.  The amount for trout stocked still gets less and less every year and they are shutting down some trout stocking programs as well (Seeforellen Browns).  I have no problem with the trout stamp, but where does this $ ACTUALLY go?

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 26, 2019, 06:28 AM »
All I know is CT enacted a trout stamp just 1 or 2 years ago.  The amount for trout stocked still gets less and less every year and they are shutting down some trout stocking programs as well (Seeforellen Browns).  I have no problem with the trout stamp, but where does this $ ACTUALLY go?

If it's not specifically earmarked, the funds will be used for everything. It would be important for this money to be specifically earmarked for raising, rearing of the fish,and   maintenance  of the  facility including the transportation and stocking.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Still cheaper than a dozen smelt,  I have no issue with the increase.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 26, 2019, 07:21 AM »
We all pay far more for gas to and from our favorite fishing spots, new tackle, the latest flasher and fish finders, no need to go further

I support the fee and agree the funds need to be earmarked to go into resolving the issue with the Merymeeting hatchery

Offline Troutsniffer76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 26, 2019, 08:26 AM »
A 3rd line permit on a 2 trap lake would be an excellent revenue source. 
This is an excellent idea and I'm sure you could convince many to pay a lot more than $5 bucks for that.

Also- Hikesafe cards should be $25 bucks, If you expect 15 or so people to hike up a mountain and carry you back down you should be open to paying at least $25 bucks.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 26, 2019, 12:30 PM »
I'm not sure exactly how the Hike Safe Cards work, but maybe they should do it like this: Pay 25$ and you're covered if you need rescuing. However, if you need rescuing and you do not have a Hike Safe Card, the fee is more.....a lot more..... I do agree though, like Fisherman need boat registrations and fishing licenses. Kayakers and Hikers should need to pay their dues as well, so not one "hobby" is paying for another without contributing. Maybe in the long run if EVERYONE was contributing money in some way shape or form annually everything would be cheaper? Lots of good ideas here though.
Tight Lines!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 26, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Also- Hikesafe cards should be $25 bucks
Am I missing something? I think you're the second one who said the faux cards should be $25.00 ?
According to the link I posted, they are 25 bucks.
There's also some answers to questions posed about Hike Safe cards on that link. 

Offline Troutsniffer76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 26, 2019, 02:07 PM »
Am I missing something? I think you're the second one who said the faux cards should be $25.00 ?
According to the link I posted, they are 25 bucks.
There's also some answers to questions posed about Hike Safe cards on that link. 

Apologies, maybe I'm the one missing something!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 26, 2019, 05:23 PM »
I'm all for registering yaks and canoes... If you want to launch that thing where the boats do, cough up the same coins I have to... The launch on powdermill has almost become a boxing ring a couple times lol.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 26, 2019, 05:31 PM »
I'm all for registering yaks and canoes... If you want to launch that thing where the boats do, cough up the same coins I have to... The launch on powdermill has almost become a boxing ring a couple times lol.

I've been in a few matches myself. Parking lots filled up with no consideration for leaving space for getting trailers to the ramps. Since I retired I only go Monday - Thursday in the summer or on rainy days.

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 26, 2019, 05:59 PM »
Once they enact a additional fee  I don't think it'll ever  go away .  Think about it  .   They'll always have a reason the money is needed . Just like the tolls  that u pay on the highway they were suppose to go away  but never did .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.