The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy clutch springs  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Gulfman

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiffy clutch springs
« on: Apr 09, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Hi all..........hard water is gone  :-[ :-[ looking to help a buddy out that needs just the clutch springs for his model 30 Jiffy auger with 8 inch bit (if that matters). have to buy the whole clutch assembly up here for $130.00, there abouts...... when he needs only the springs. Anyone know of where one can get these springs separately??...................... .....................T hx Gulf

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jiffy clutch springs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2006, 08:33 PM »
In WI. Try FASTENAL! If a local store isn't a option, search the web at fastenal.com.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2006, 08:36 AM »
I broke mine one time when it kicked back while I was trying to start it. It broke the dog out of the plactic. One thing to remember is to save all the parts, dogs , springs. In most shops that repair augers they have what you are missing. I needed a new plactic piece where the pull cord went, it cost me twelve dollars to get it fixed. If you can't find a place to get parts or get it fixed call Jiffy.
Steve

NAD42

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2006, 04:25 PM »
Hi all..........hard water is gone  :-[ :-[ looking to help a buddy out that needs just the clutch springs for his model 30 Jiffy auger with 8 inch bit (if that matters). have to buy the whole clutch assembly up here for $130.00, there abouts...... when he needs only the springs. Anyone know of where one can get these springs separately??...................... .....................T hx Gulf
I asked my brother today (he has reconditioned many Jiffy's over the years)...he's gonna check on this and when I hear from him, you'll hear from me...one way or another.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Fastenal will not have specific parts for any company or product. Just the pieces. Ice auger, garage door opener, blender from the 1970's? Just might be the same spring? Take in the pieces, or the measurements!

Offline olds-Pa

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2006, 03:35 PM »
Now that it is the off season, it isn't to soon to start preparing for next season. It just so happens i'm a retired spring coiler, but i still have friends that make springs.  ;) so if anyone out there could send me the specific specs on these clutch springs, such as total coils , wire size, direction of coils, whether it is ground or not, is it plated, how long is it, outside diameter, and hopefully a picture of it, or better yet a broken one to look at, i could probably get enough of them so that everyone could have some. This is not a $ making venture either. Just helping fellow ice fishermen & women.  Send me an e-mail if you have any of this information and/or a sample of the spring.

[email protected]:spring............
...................old s

Offline Gulfman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Thx.  for the replies...........will definitely keep that in mind OLDS-PA. haven't talked to him in a couple of weeks to See how he made out at JIFFY, will post when i know more.thx again.............GULF

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Listen too olds-Pa, Gulfman! Sounds like he knows his springs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.