Author Topic: derby wind  (Read 9464 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: derby wind
« Reply #90 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Thats scary stuff Tom. I decided not to head over there and take a chance with my boy this week. I love that place, but there are plenty of lakes north with 20" and I dont have to worry about holes....yet atleast. Some of the southern lakes have been so screwy this year, especially that one. Good luck when you get back.
it has been a mess...I plan on going there Saturday and ill ask green shack again what it will be like before we head down...been bugging him all season,,the place is struggling to stay good...thanks for the update
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #91 on: Feb 12, 2019, 11:59 AM »
it has been a mess...I plan on going there Saturday and ill ask green shack again what it will be like before we head down...been bugging him all season,,the place is struggling to stay good...thanks for the update
Yeah. A few days ago he was talking about big holes that opened up. Not cool....
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Might try talking to the guy 1st. He might be overwhelmed and have no idea what to do solo or lack the tools or ice thickness to do it safely???  Or he's a complete dick.  It's either going to go 1 way or the other.  Shouldn't take long to figure out which it is....

I'm in MI this week, trying to get a hold of him.  I have a hard side and understand the responsibility, risks.  I'm hoping he get's on it quick.

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:42 PM »

Send me a message Friday afternoon and I will give you update.  It will be interesting to see how it goes with the snow.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Send me a message Friday afternoon and I will give you update.  It will be interesting to see how it goes with the snow.
i don’t think we will get too much..looks like the rain will wash it away
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:49 AM »
checked my flip-over y'day after the derby....some small stress tears present after fishing the derby....will need to raid my wife's sewing kit for heavy needle + thread.   ::)

that was a windy one!   :o

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Nov 23, 2019, 04:32 AM »
Plenty of talk about rookies stay home but how do you feel after the storm

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Nov 27, 2019, 04:19 PM »
You mean the one from 9 months ago, or one more recent?  ;D
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.