Author Topic: Where the Pike at?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
Where the Pike at?
« on: Mar 25, 2006, 09:59 PM »
I was fishing Echo today and caught 10 burbots in 10 FOT. I was told that pike would be there but all we had all day was burbots. :P Where should i go fishing tomorrow on Echo for the pike?

grumpymoe

Re: Where the Pike at?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:35 PM »
exactly the same spot you were fishing last outing.....I'll take one burbot over 100 pike any day.....most are staging or spawning right now....shallow water burbot......and burbot on the plate....ohhhhhhhhhhhh hhh man.......let me at em....Grump

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:57 PM »
One place where I know there will be Pike is on Mission at Lebret,about 1/2 way between boat launch and opposite shore-that's the river bottom leading to Katepwa. In past years we have gone out there at this time of year and done really well with Pike. A WORD OF WARNING-please be careful there is strong current under there and this is an unusual year,as you will see the river between the two lakes is open and I would check the ice thickness very carefully out there. Ice conditions can change quickly so don't rely on someone's experience from last week as it may be different today-I don't want to sound like I'm preaching here but, at the same time I don;t want to send you into a dangerous situation.(you will have to walk out from shore). :)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2006, 10:47 PM »
burbot are fun to catch but i released them all and final count for the weekend was 12 burbots and 3 perch (kept the 14incher ;)) i was gonna try to fillet them but then i thought it over and im gonna hae to wait till open water(i have no clue where they are or what to use ???) and cant wait till next november when the ice forms ;D. gonna have a big-ol burbot supper ;). my hardwater season is done for the year unless i can find a way to skip school and get a ride (snowmobile is a no go cause the snow gone :'() and does anyone know somebody with a shanty named "Pickeral Shack" that was on Echo last weekend and the weekend befor that? just wondering i was fishin with/by him and an older guy that walked out i didnt ask his name :-[ nice ol' guy. 3 strangers fishing together where else can something like that happen when you can talk and have a good time. next year i gotta find some fishing buddies from Echo lake ;) got 2 friends pretty much converted to hardwater except one has had bad luck(loseing the fish at the top of the hole :P) and the other one is in hockey. summer is definatley the time that i spend fishing with my buddies. in the winter its solo or with some ppl that i met on the ice earlier or just met. small world ;)
didnt mean to ragg on but the site is slowing down so much i had to put something up ;)
till May 6 i will be getting the gear out and ready for 12am and fish the first possible moment i can ;)
srry raggin on again ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.