New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Well It's Over!  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Ice Crazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well It's Over!
« on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:56 AM »
The worse year I can remember in western New York. Went once to Silver Lake got 45 nice bull gills and a $40.00 parking ticket, just a little under a buck a fish. Did not get to simcoe once.Went to Chautauqua 3 times caught 39 walleyes not one keeper. Realy spoiled by those lake erie perch! last couple of years. Well hopefully we will not have 50 Mile an hour winds all summer,and can get boat out for some of those slob Perch and walleyes.Well steelhead are running have to go. Moveing to    myfishfinder.com  Under panhandler  Good luck and i will keep you posted

Offline iceman72

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Resistance is futile.
Re: Well It's Over!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2006, 04:50 PM »
i'm glad ice fishing is over. one more week for trout. i ice fished in mass today though. 6 inches in pittsfield. caught one small pike. windy day they already have started to stock the streams.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Yeppers I think to day was my last day :(
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:27 PM »
The worse year I can remember in western New York. Went once to Silver Lake got 45 nice bull gills and a $40.00 parking ticket, just a little under a buck a fish. Did not get to simcoe once.Went to Chautauqua 3 times caught 39 walleyes not one keeper. Realy spoiled by those lake erie perch! last couple of years. Well hopefully we will not have 50 Mile an hour winds all summer,and can get boat out for some of those slob Perch and walleyes.Well steelhead are running have to go. Moveing to    myfishfinder.com  Under panhandler  Good luck and i will keep you posted

Same here as far as bad conditions...strong winds, changing direction almost every day, whitecaps on Chaumont Bay in both January and February, winds surging the water levels up 6 feet during one particularly bad wind....ice coming and going 3-4 times on the main lake...the pike bite was way off this season on this body of water and the perch did not school up as usual on Chaumont Bay at all yet this year...Thank God this year is over and maybe next winter will be more like normal, in all respects....Esox  Yeah..this is the worst year I can remember as well....
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Fingers crossed.....Bradley Brook for an all day event....with life preserver.
All and all, I did not have a stellar year. I did absolutely enjoy every minute in front of the FL-18 and under the Fish Trap :thumbsup:

Offline nylineman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:48 PM »
After the last 3 days with the bite off, im so glad it is over..........bring on the OPEN WATER

Fishmon

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:49 AM »
The end!  Went out for last time on Friends Lake and caught some really nice perch and crappies.  Could probably go out this weekend in a canoe if weather cooperates.  Crazy season, but had a lot of success.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.