New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: "ICE OUT TROUT'  (Read 1169 times)

Offline FISHON-2

• IceShanty Rookie
"ICE OUT TROUT'
« on: Mar 23, 2006, 06:59 AM »
Wanted to take the boat out on otsego in a week or so for lakers and salmon.we thought we could jig or troll up some lakers,but some info on trying for salmon would be helpful.Hoping to get some feedback.thanx
                                                                  clay

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Re: "ICE OUT TROUT'
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:22 AM »
 I plan on doing the same thing in the next few weeks ;D, when I was down there before I trolled spoons and jigged lead line for lakers. Had some luck with Michigan stingers and caught a couple salmon on Christmas trees with a nightcrawler behind it. I also used a small planer board and had some brown trout hitting thundersticks. Good luck, maybe April 1st depending on the weather!!

Robb :tipup:

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2006, 08:33 AM »
      I wanna go to... ;D
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline FISHON-2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Thanks for the info robb,yeah april 1st is when me and watkin plan on going.D.E.C. says there is only a little ice left and figures it'll be gone by then,but said to call him the day before.We were thinking of going all the way to the other end and working our way back,maybe we'll see you out there.can't wait!!
                                                                            clay

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Thanks for the info robb,yeah april 1st is when me and watkin plan on going.D.E.C. says there is only a little ice left and figures it'll be gone by then,but said to call him the day before.We were thinking of going all the way to the other end and working our way back,maybe we'll see you out there.can't wait!!
                                                                            clay

Sounds good, I'll bring my FRS radio and will be on channel 7 if I go! Hopefully the weather will be a little warmer.....
Robb :tipup:

Offline FISHON-2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:54 AM »
Just checked the extended forecast .looking gooood!!fri.& sat. high 60's.Got a good feeling about sat.Broke out the downriggers & lake trolls can't wait.FISH-ON!!
                                                                           CLAY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.