The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sport Fishin ' Outlet/Harry's Norristown  (Read 461 times)

Offline Zachery80

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sport Fishin ' Outlet/Harry's Norristown
« on: Jan 12, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Just so everybody knows. I stopped in at Harry's today and he is either selling his place or closing in the next month or two.  They now have discounted rod and reel combos and some other stuff 20% off.  He doesnt have any ice fishing stuff out yet but the guy working there said what ever is left should be out soon.  I'm sure and some time passes the discounts will get better.  That's the good part.  Now the crappy part is I dont know where else to get live bait close and some good fishing tackle.

Offline Drillin-n-Chillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sport Fishin ' Outlet/Harry's Norristown
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2019, 01:52 PM »
Selling it and retiring.
I’ve been a customer and friend for a long time (before I could drive and in my late 40s now. The discount is as mentioned and I think the sale is set to close in Feb/March with new owner taking over from there. I’ll miss Harry’s no BS approach and a place to hang out and talk fishing with a knowledgeable owner. I think new guy will continue the bait but my concern is saltwater lures, especially striped bass plugs. Harry was the only guy in this area that had any selection of good saltwater lures, and supplies. As for ice gear he never had a large selection, a few jigs, tip-ups and misc supplies (scoops etc) but worth a look it the price is good.

I remember when he first started behind the Reeds Wicker store, then moved across the street behind the bank, then next to Pudges and eventually where he is now on Germantown Pike. 

Offline Brianm14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:40 PM »
I Live 5 minutes away. Was always impressed With his salt gear and the amount of stuff he packed in the store. Never saw ice gear but he was never really open in the winter.. Maybe Friday's and Saturdays

Offline Zachery80

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:24 AM »
His selection of ice gear was a few jigs, tip ups, spoons, and some line. He had all that stuff in a cardboard box right by the fly fishing equiptment.  Not a very big selection for ice fishing but he had lots of open water equiptment.       

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.