Author Topic: Runnngs in Hinsdale?  (Read 830 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Runnngs in Hinsdale?
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Anyone familiar with this place? I was told they had a pretty good fishing section... by a guy whos not a fisherman lol. Thinking of checking it out tomorrow after I get off the ice, but its a little over an hour one way for me... Hate to take the drive to find 3 bobbers and a snoopy pole for fishing stock... Any thoughts on the place?
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Runnngs in Hinsdale?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 12:15 PM »
I didn't realize there was one there. I do know the one in Claremont has a decent selection of ice fishing gear.
Jig em up!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2019, 12:22 PM »
He said its in the old Walmart building before the bridge... Not sure how long its been there. If the Claremont one is good, I'm assuming this one has similar stock.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Running for flags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2019, 12:30 PM »
I prefer running to bass pro/cabelas more selection and variety
Wait there's ice????

Offline fishnbud

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2019, 12:39 PM »
I prefer running to bass pro/cabelas more selection and variety
. What cabelas did you go too ? Last time I was there they didn’t have much for ice gear

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2019, 01:44 PM »
He said its in the old Walmart building before the bridge... Not sure how long its been there. If the Claremont one is good, I'm assuming this one has similar stock.

That's it was there 2 weeks ago. I think the one in Claremont has more inventory they took over a Lowe's which was a bigger building.

. What cabelas did you go too ? Last time I was there they didn’t have much for ice gear

Bass Pro in Londonderry has quite a lot of fishing gear. Might be a little short on the ice fishing stuff. I thought Cabella's in East Hartford, CT had a good selection.

Offline five fathoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2019, 07:12 PM »
 Midway through December, I stopped in there for the first time to pick up some shiners. At that point, they had bins or cribs for about 3-4 sizes and some were unoccupied. I think it was something like $5 for a half dozen pike shiners. I remember paying about $30 for 3 dozen. The shiners were lively and healthy but I'd rate them as large, and not what I imagine a pike bait to be. You may have to adjust your standards.
 As for the tackle and other ice gear, I was pleasantly surprised. I've never been to a Bass Pro or Cabela's in person so I couldn't compare with those, but it is at least as well stocked as a Dick's Sporting Goods. Maybe even better. Lots of ice lures and rods and such.  I've stopped going to my local DSG, since they routinely fail to have what I'm looking for.
 They open at 8 a.m.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:17 PM »
I spent a lot of money in the one in Claremont a few weeks ago. If you are an ice fisherman, make sure you don't go there unless you got a fat wallet!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:45 PM »
Right on, thanks for the intel everyone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.