New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Smelt run on West Caroga  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Jama1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jumbo Perch Nut!
Smelt run on West Caroga
« on: Mar 14, 2006, 09:22 PM »
I was wondering if the smelt run black in the streams of west caroga or any of the neighboring lakes. Its getting to be that time of year and I need a place to go. If somebody could please tell me of places to go I would gladly appreciate it. ;)
People should educate themselfs before speaking, instead of speaking and showing their mentality.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Smelt run on West Caroga
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2006, 01:09 AM »
I was wondering if the smelt run black in the streams of west caroga or any of the neighboring lakes. Its getting to be that time of year and I need a place to go. If somebody could please tell me of places to go I would gladly appreciate it. ;)

Yeah...Right....we all wish for that info ::)
You won't get it on this sight...try MFF ???

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2006, 07:49 AM »

Usually it's about a day or two after ice out on W. Caroga, but I've never seen them "run black", I know Indian has tons of smelt this year but I've never dipped them there before.

Robb :tipup:

Offline Jama1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jumbo Perch Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Usually it's about a day or two after ice out on W. Caroga, but I've never seen them "run black", I know Indian has tons of smelt this year but I've never dipped them there before.

Robb :tipup:
Robb could you pm me with some places to go, thanxs
People should educate themselfs before speaking, instead of speaking and showing their mentality.

Offline zgoz89

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The bone collector
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Too bad it wasnt legal to dip smelt in the King(lake George) cuz ive seem them soo STACKED in Indian brook its not even funny. Lots of big suckers run up there too!
A Couple Reasons Why Fishing is Better Than Sex!

1. Nobody expects you to Fish with the same partner for the rest of your life

2. There are no Fishing-transmitted diseases.

3. If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you Fishing,you don't have to worry about them showing up on the Internet if you become famous.

4. It's perfectly respectable to Fish with a total stranger.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.