Author Topic: Where to go?  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
Where to go?
« on: Mar 14, 2006, 09:16 PM »
I am heading out to Echo Lake Saturday night and I'm wondering where the hot spots are for perch, burbot, pike, walleye, tullibee, and other fish species. I really need this advice because this might be the last time we go out this year and I wanna catch some fish. Last trip sucked with one perch all weekend >:(.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
Re: Where to go?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Dunno, been fising round and crooked this last month.  I try river bed in falt on east side for eyes, and cadet camp for perch.
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:18 AM »
k how about b-say-tah point? anything bitting over there? and where do i go for pike?

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2006, 06:11 PM »
I would be very careful around points this year, there are current in those lakes and they tend to swirl up-wards around points making the ice very weak, stay well away from the points, this year.
:blink:

Look for pike in the 8-10 foot depths, bait with smelt, herring, anchovies in any size but bigger the better.You can also catch them on jigging spoon and rubber jigs, just add some scent to them.

Try setting the bait a foot of the bottom and a foot under the ice. If you place them 3 or 4 inches off the bottom you may catch both pike and burbot.
You will get them both pike and burbot set lines and jigging. :)

Good luck, pike are a blast to catch. <*)}}}>{

WW

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2006, 06:59 PM »
b-say-tah point is a no go? or what and how far away from the open water should i stay if there are 2-3 snowmobilies on the ice? the points were good last weekend, i was on my knees drilling through the ice with my hand augar :-X and i am definatly going to the east flats because my cabin is very very close. would the flat by fort san be good because that is where people go in the open water season. thx for any advice because i have only ice fished for a year and dont know where to go unless my dad is out with me. would spots that work really really good in the openwater season be good or no? again i really appriciate this advice and this is a really good site. thx all ;)

Offline t-tot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2006, 09:33 PM »
I fish these lakes every weekend.  Go to the river mouthes at this time of year the fish are getting ready to spawn.  The points on the lakes are fine except for ketepaw becareful their. 

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2006, 09:48 PM »
im heading toward the east river mouth and flats is this good for night fishing? i think it would but my buddy is douting me

Offline Ryan Fairplay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2006, 12:38 AM »
If u want good perch action its on Mission coming no the ice through the camp by Lebret when u get on go straight down and about half way down there;s a flat and there's been jumbo perch there for awhile hard to describe about 20min to hour u should find it. But there's a good chance a few people will be there too, if that dont work out on mission getting on at the same place of to the left where the cabons are youll see a big green cabin with green roof, go straight out from it and out around 200 yards in there and right off to the left deeper out on a 45 degree angle theres another flat thats on the small side but perch are holding there too pretty sure no one knows about that one...have fun and good luck :)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2006, 09:37 PM »
3 perch in 30min of fishing but that was all i really fished for this weekend going out again next weekend to do some serious fishing.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Not bad echolakefisherman, 3 perch is better than 1 skunk. ;)
How big were they?

WW

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2006, 03:54 PM »
about 5-6 inches and the biggest one dropped the hook about 2inches from the top of the hole it was about 13-14 inches. so i guess it was good for about 10min of really fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.