Author Topic: Turnback Shad vertical jig,lets hear your comments,thanks  (Read 694 times)

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
Before I plunk down the bucks,I'd like to know if this jig is superior to the Jigging Rap,thanks again to all who comment

FN.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Turnback Shad vertical jig,lets hear your comments,thanks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Before I plunk down the bucks,I'd like to know if this jig is superior to the Jigging Rap,thanks again to all who comment

FN.

superior would be the wrong description...

different in a subtle way would be the best description

There are so many variety or variation from the jigging rap, that each might be more productive in a certain way.

Likewise how at times a Jigging Shad Rap or the Snap Rap will outperform the original Jigging Rap or get rejected.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline 1750outfiterss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:01 AM »
As they say just another tool in the box of tricks.
Let the fish tell YOU what they want
Aquatic Species Relocation Engineer 
I only fish twice a week
Once for 3 and
once for four

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2018, 06:13 PM »
1750. Amen.

Offline snowmandan76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2018, 04:37 AM »
They are ok at best watched them on camera  and mine spin a lot while at rest wasn't overly thrilled with action

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2018, 06:21 AM »
They are ok at best watched them on camera  and mine spin a lot while at rest wasn't overly thrilled with action

I thought that the design was supposed to eliminate line twist.  Why do they spin?
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2018, 06:37 AM »
I thought that the design was supposed to eliminate line twist.  Why do they spin?

LOL...I already knew that it would be like same for the RPM minnow.  It's like running a crane swivel vs a ball bearing swivel.  If I wanted to reduce spin effects from my line...inline baitcaster...plus swivel up a foot above.

What having ability to turn, depends on your jigging motion.  Ability to turn may mean the lure will turn sooner, rather than glide outwards first then turn.  In other words lure will follow a smaller circular path while jigging.

This can be good or bad, depending on mood of fish.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2018, 06:40 AM »
If I wanted to reduce spin effects from my line...inline baitcaster...plus swivel up a foot above.

I already do that, a Black Betty with a swivel above the Jigging Rap.

Still get line twist. I am running it deep for lake trout and the circular motion is a good thing.

But, I was hoping the Turnback Shad would get rid of it, and I bought some at the St. Paul Show.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2018, 07:13 AM »
I already do that, a Black Betty with a swivel above the Jigging Rap.

Still get line twist. I am running it deep for lake trout and the circular motion is a good thing.

But, I was hoping the Turnback Shad would get rid of it, and I bought some at the St. Paul Show.

Not that I own a Turnback Shad, but is it consider low friction swiveling?  Like if you could sort of make it spin easily on the axis?

If not then reducing line twist is what it will achieve.  I don't think getting rid of it is actually going to happen.  As long as lure isn't dizzy spinning, I'm good to go.

And it goes, that braids or superlines will take up a lot of line twists without inducing it onto a lure.  The combination to effect = virtually no lure spinning at rest.

That's why I like airplane minnow.  It goes one way to a point, then goes in reverse direction when reached threshold of reversal while jigging.  Well at least if the airplane minnow is balanced to reverse direction naturally.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.