Author Topic: Hummingbird ice 55  (Read 688 times)

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
Hummingbird ice 55
« on: Nov 30, 2018, 07:17 AM »
I have a chance to pick up a hummingbird ice 55 for short money as much as I'd like a vex I think it's a deal I can't refuse just want to know if they are a good unit pros and cons any help from you guys would be great thanks
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hummingbird ice 55
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2018, 07:35 AM »
I've really enjoyed mine but have jumped into a Helix 5 with GPS and use that a lot more. But the Ice 55 is a durable and simple machine to use, and the display is great- it's big. Even though I use the Helix now I can't seem to let go of the Ice 55 because it's caught me a lot of fish and probably will always work. It's just a rugged device that I will keep as a backup. Highly suggested. I can't think of any cons other than it's not a Helix with GPS and that's not fair to say. The zoom works good, it's powerful and last all day on a charge.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2018, 07:42 AM »
I use a Vex, but my buddy has a Ice 55 and it works great. You'll like it.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2018, 09:38 AM »
If it's cheap get it I have the Ice 35 and have no complaints. I'm more of a graph guy but I still like to use my Humminbird occasionally.

Offline benny8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2018, 02:40 AM »
My bro and I each have the Hummingbird 35. We like it, but have not used any other, so take it with a grain of salt.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Good unit for sure. How much is it?

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Good unit for sure. How much is it?
picked it up for $200 seems like it's a great unit so far but just playing with it right now at the table.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2018, 08:48 PM »
Excellent buy. Nice job!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.