Author Topic: Brown Friday  (Read 1595 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Brown Friday
« on: Nov 23, 2018, 09:11 PM »
We had no desire to ice Anterio in 40mph winds.  so we didn't.  Found a little niche in SP out of the howling winds. Tom was 3 for 3, 1st two were 5lbs each and a little guy.  I was 1 for 6, had 4 of them on b4 they let loose. That's fishing!;D  The one I landed was 5.2 lbs and 21" long. all had divine orange meat.

11-mile had basically zero ice, although there was a hut on ice near the inlet.  It wasn't there very long.  Many bays had ice when we got there but most ice was gone when we left.

I did not need gloves all day. A good time was had by all-

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Brown Friday
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2018, 08:22 AM »
Nice fish. Glad I drove right by there to attend the circus at Antero.  ::)

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2018, 08:57 AM »
Those are some jewels. Pinker than Anterio girls by far. I also took a skein out of my 19"er from Tuesday that's mellowing in the Borx-o-fire. South Park ain't fit for man nor beast when they issue the Small Pet Warnings.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2018, 09:08 AM »
Fatties. I thought you were talking about turkey browns

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Great job, gentlemen!  Yeah, I thought you were talking about something that happens on the morning after the turkey dinner...

Nice to get some last shore fishing done before it locks up.  And good rocks of death pic.
 ;D 
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Those are some jewels. Pinker than Anterio girls by far. I also took a skein out of my 19"er from Tuesday that's mellowing in the Borx-o-fire. South Park ain't fit for man nor beast when they issue the Small Pet Warnings.

I truly believe there are bows in 11 mile that are 34 inches. I've seen a guy pull them out of there while fly fishing two springs ago.
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2018, 07:35 AM »
I truly believe there are bows in 11 mile that are 34 inches. I've seen a guy pull them out of there while fly fishing two springs ago.
There are certainly some behemoths that prowl the depths of the Mile but maybe not that big. Did see a 10# caught by the north boat dock by an old lady sitting on a cooler

with her Zebco 202 and fishing a marshmallow on the bottom.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2018, 08:42 AM »
I know a guy that has a 10 and 12 lb bow and a 15 lb brown from 11-mile on the wall.   Verified by yours truly.  ;D

Have another friend with a 12.5 lb bow on his wall from the mile.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Are you curing those egg sacs for bait? Just curious.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:06 PM »
Are you curing those egg sacs for bait? Just curious.

I will use them for bait but I don't cure them.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline dntbeamenace4031

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:29 PM »
There are certainly some behemoths that prowl the depths of the Mile but maybe not that big. Did see a 10# caught by the north boat dock by an old lady sitting on a cooler

with her Zebco 202 and fishing a marshmallow on the bottom.

Half the fun of fishing - all the high tech gear and technique abound and then that happens....

reminds me of last year when I did a 3-mi hike into a lake ~11k, because I had my dog with me and a toddler strapped to my back I opted to bring just my UL spinning setup w. a few kasty's and earthworms.  Guy next to me looked like he just left the Orvis fly shop, after watching me pull in 10 fish to his one he finally got up the nerve to ask what I was using.  Worms Sir, Im not sure if you've heard before but some fish like worms!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.