Author Topic: Knock off Li-ion battery  (Read 482 times)

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
Knock off Li-ion battery
« on: Nov 22, 2018, 09:42 AM »
I wanted to use my cordless drill last year for auger drilling experiment after reading the craze. Loved it with my 5" auger attachment.  Could do plenty of holes. Wanted bigger holes to keep the from freezing over into "3 holes on super cold days.  Tried my 8" auger attachment and was only getting about 8-10 holes per battery. Found out through your threads I need a battery with more amp. I have cheap DeWalt 1.5 ah 20 V.  Sooooo, I want to get at least a 6ah battery.  I've seen some knock off brand ones on Amazon for half of what the DeWalts are going for with decent reviews.  Anyone ever use these?  Help or advice please.  Also, should I go even bigger (9ah). I don't want to buy a new drill yet.....maybe next year....just hoping to upgrade battery to get more usage this season if possible. Thanks
(DeWalt 20v max model 777?)
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline offshoredrilling

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Knock off Li-ion battery
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2018, 10:06 AM »

heres a little entertainment and teardown. His youtube channel is quite hilarious if you're into tools/machining/teardowns

Offline offshoredrilling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Fast forward to the 20 minute mark for the conclusion.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2018, 10:35 AM »
You could always see what eBay has to offer for name brand batteries. Last year, I got a 5ah Milwaukee battery for about $40 new-in-box. Worth a shot.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2018, 05:16 PM »
I saw that video...its what i was thinking. No name replacements are 1/3 price and seem to work. Anyone else use them?  Specific recommended brand?
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.