Author Topic: Is the Eskimo and Mora auger shafts the same diameter?  (Read 387 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
I was going to buy a 6" Nero but thought maybe for the price I would go for the Mora instead. I have an Eskimo 6" Silvertip and it fits the Nero Adapter and Handle. Just wondering if the Mora will do the same? I would think they are all the same diameter.
<===Lefty===

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Is the Eskimo and Mora auger shafts the same diameter?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2018, 09:35 AM »
Not sure why you're adding another auger to your arsenal unless you're just downsizing. How are those Nero blades holding up? Russian steel versus Swedish boron steel. They both know what they're doing around the old crucible. By the way, in my opinion Mora knives (Morakniv) are the best value going by far in a sheath knife.
I've been thinking about a 7" Nero under the Clam this season though heaven knows my auger bone pile will soon blot out the sun.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2018, 09:44 AM »
I was going to buy a 6" Nero but thought maybe for the price I would go for the Mora instead. I have an Eskimo 6" Silvertip and it fits the Nero Adapter and Handle. Just wondering if the Mora will do the same? I would think they are all the same diameter.

Yes, it should. They are hand augers and the shafts are a standard size.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2018, 09:44 AM »
Yep, just going to a 6" just not sure if it will be the Nero(Very sharp) or the Mora.  By the way the Nero 7" is a 7 3/8"Hole. I used the same blades all last year on the 7" and it was the very last trip out they got a little dull. Not bad enough to take forever just bad enough to heat up the battery and shut it off some times. I drilled 20-30 holes a trip and mostly 12" of ice but did drill through 20" the last few trips out.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Yes, it should. They are hand augers and the shafts are a standard size.
Thanks I figured they were. Even the Nero is the same as the Eskimo.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.