Author Topic: Bought my first Jack Trap today  (Read 565 times)

Offline Bobber Bob

• IceShanty Rookie
Bought my first Jack Trap today
« on: Jan 30, 2018, 09:35 PM »
 I bought my first Jack Trap today I was wondering if they are better than the Heritage Trap? They seem like a solid trap.

Offline FishinDJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bought my first Jack Trap today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2018, 09:57 PM »
I've never used Heritage traps but my Jack Traps were an investment I wont regret-2 seasons and they have been flawless so far. They wont catch more fish than other trap, but they will still be catching fish 10 years from now.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:11 PM »
I have one Jack Trap and like it a lot.  I have about 9 heritage traps I haven’t used in yrs.  I really don’t care for the plastic spools I don’t think they work well at all, with that being said I do have 2 with aluminum spools that work great
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:25 PM »
over the years I have slowly replaced most of my traps with jacks.. i usually get 2 new one's per year. I have 10 now so i'm set for  the time being. I also have some heritage and indian hill's, both good traps. And polars too which have their time and place (trout, thin ice, shallow, etc). Of all that, I will say the jacks are the best investment. If you take care of them, they will literally last forever. Good luck with it and enjoy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.