Author Topic: Snow Dog  (Read 1759 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Snow Dog
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 02:34 PM »
https://snowdog.com/
Anyone using these  or seen one in NH? Looks awesome
Salmonemia

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Snow Dog
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 02:40 PM »
I have seen them and they are cool looking but I don't understand why they are better than a cheap, beater yard snowmobile? Or any snowmobile?
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 02:44 PM »
I have seen them and they are cool looking but I don't understand why they are better than a cheap, beater yard snowmobile? Or any snowmobile?
I don't know. Im not familiar with either. Considering a sled for ice fishing but don't know anything about them or maintenance cost.
Salmonemia

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 02:54 PM »
I don't know. Im not familiar with either. Considering a sled for ice fishing but don't know anything about them or maintenance cost.

Probably much easier to get parts for a snowmobile.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 02:56 PM »
for me its a room issue with a snowmobile or quad and I have both, but parking lots are crowed and unplowed most of the time here in mi.so a trailer sucks to use.i would like one to throw on a cargo hitch carrier or throw it in my truck or van and still have room for my gear.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:05 PM »
I wonder if you’d register that as a snowmobile or a utility vehicle  ???
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:10 PM »
I have considered but I am still undecided.
Reason being.
1) Vehicle I am presently using (ford escape) is full of ice gear, tent, auger, vex,,,,,,you get the picture
2) now I would need to get the dog in (not going to happen with the gear I already have.
3) Trailer time, just defeated my purpose for the snowdog.

Cost are not to bad but a little stiff for just ice fishing use. Compact model plus sled plus seat just over $5000 / Standard model for the same $5500  add in $300 more if you want reverse. THIS IS IN Canadian Funds not sure of US costs.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:14 PM »
I wonder if you’d register that as a snowmobile or a utility vehicle  ???

The dealer here said that they do not require register or license. Now that is here in Ontario.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Prices start at $2500. in the states. Briggs & Stratton motor, parts should be available. They sell them in my home town. Not that I'm buying one.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:00 PM »
After pulling a sled with gear for 2 kids and myself through 2 feet of snow one season I  bought a 2001 (13 yrs old at the time) 2up fan cooled arctic cat .  It has been a perfect ice fishing sled.  I went back and forth between a wheeler and a sled.  I don't really have any other use for a wheeler than ice fishing so I bought a sled.  I am glad I went with the sled.  There will be some good deals coming up in the spring.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Saw one in action on Oneida Lake, looks like they work great for ice fishing. I can see where you may end up pulling a bunch of shacks like a mule train. My accessory must, as the operator, would be a couple of side view mirrors. 

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:24 AM »
The dealer here said that they do not require register or license. Now that is here in Ontario.

Oh well that would be an advantage for sure. In NH I can get an antique plate for my Yamaha Enticer that is a one time, inexpensive fee but I can't use it in other states unless I reg. there as well. If you don't have to register these it would be great.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:42 AM »
interesting...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:15 AM »
They do have a rubber flap on the back, but note on the front page of their catalog the dude is wearing goggles, getting plastered with powder.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.