Author Topic: pretty good day  (Read 1425 times)

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
pretty good day
« on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:50 AM »
Well with the way the ice is looking in the 10-day forecast I said I'd say this is the last day I'm going to be on the ice this year unless we get a real good cold snap here in Central Indiana most fish came on a green and white moon glow 8 feet of water heavy weeds

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
Re: pretty good day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2018, 08:15 AM »
going out with a bang i see. lol  nice pile there man!
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2018, 11:35 AM »
I know that's quite a few to keep at one time but I think this is going to be the last time I get out this winter and it'll be a while before the ice melts so that's quite a few fish fries for me and the wife and in-laws we will eat good 😊

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Nice mess of fish!  Lots of good eating there.  You'll be enjoying those after the ice is gone.

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:02 PM »
I had a buddy call me on his way home he did well on the bluegill said the edges are still good and all the snow is melted off but they're still safe ice lot of water on top too.

Offline icingonspice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:09 PM »
If that’s your own private Pond great catch and good for you, if that’s from a friends lake or a public lake, I think that’s excessive. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Offline ticeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:17 PM »
Great job and nice mess of fish. I don't think it's excessive at all. Some of us only ice fish and don't get any of the summer bedding bluegill like most. Good job!

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:26 PM »
If that’s your own private Pond great catch and good for you, if that’s from a friends lake or a public lake, I think that’s excessive. Just my opinion. Good luck.
your opinions tend to suck.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline icingonspice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:39 PM »
My opinions suck that’s why so many people on here b***h about not being able to catch big bluegills.......could it have something to do with no limit on bluegill. Indiana is so backward ass with regards to fish management it’s embarassing, you do know the reason many of our lakes are no void of large bluegill has to do with smaller males reaching sexually maturity earlier, keep on keeping!!!

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:40 PM »
My opinions suck that’s why so many people on here b***h about not being able to catch big bluegills.......could it have something to do with no limit on bluegill. Indiana is so backward ass with regards to fish management it’s embarassing, you do know the reason many of our lakes are no void of large bluegill has to do with smaller males reaching sexually maturity earlier, keep on keeping!!!
according to one of your earlier post there is a limit. moron.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline geolog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:41 PM »
FISH PIG!!

Offline icingonspice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:44 PM »
I made a mistake on Indiana’s limit, thinking the state DNR had some common sense on harvest limits.....Indiana DNR is very poor and fish management is way behind the curve.....

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:44 PM »
I'd say that's a hell of a day right there  :clap:

Offline icingonspice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:15 PM »
I’ll make sure that you and Ticeman never come anywhere near my private lake.....it’s one thing to keep that many fish, but another to post the photos on a public blog, you actually think people would share fishing tips with you when you harvest like this....hell no

Offline bev

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Nice

Offline TheIceMan5

« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:17 PM »
I’ll make sure that you and Ticeman never come anywhere near my private lake.....it’s one thing to keep that many fish, but another to post the photos on a public blog, you actually think people would share fishing tips with you when you harvest like this....hell no

They gota have that ego boost  ;D

Offline ticeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:44 PM »
It's not about an ego boost. That I don't need! I fish hard and keep what I keep. I do t need your private lake either. I see
People keeping a lot more than that off the beds in the spring and don't hear you complaining about that. Or maybe that is you! Spice!!!

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Sorry I got others fired up about this but I've been several times this year and only got a few. Had one great day and they won't go to waste I'll guarantee you that! Good luck to all that have safe ice still.

Offline ticeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:55 PM »
Jr.  Those were nice fish.I believe as long as none are ever wasted and we enjoyed another day above ground and the ice then it's all good!

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Thanks. I and a couple others had a ball a good memory from 2017-2018 Ice season

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2018, 08:04 PM »

Dude! Why the eff are u raining on everyone's parade that caught a pile today... I've thrown back at least that many this year on a public lake, I could understand if they were the young of the year or stocked fingerlings... or (what I consider a sin) raping beds. this is just my opinion, and I'm not trying to be an internet tough guy, but didn't we learn in elementary school to say nothing if we can't say something nice... I wish I was out today too, but I'm not gonna poop on anyone's party

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.