Author Topic: Silver Lake?  (Read 920 times)

Offline thejamespowell

• IceShanty Rookie
Silver Lake?
« on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:42 PM »
Anybody been on Silver Lake in Berlin recently? Wondering if the ice is good and how the bite’s been.

Offline dmhawks93

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Silver Lake?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:00 AM »
I've was pretty solid  6-7" sunday.. edges hardened up pretty good. The  bite was pretty slow for me and the several groups I talked to. Had one flag that ran about  30 yds then dropped it.
i fish because i can

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2018, 11:13 AM »
Darn pint sized pickerel probably! Happens to me 5 or 6 times a day when I fish there. They grab it, run like heck and gone! >:(
Glad to hear the ice is good.  Hope to be there this weekend...we'll see what happens.
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline thejamespowell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Got out from about 1:30 to 5:30 this afternoon, fished within 50 yards of the ramp the whole time. Ice was a solid 6” and I marked fish constantly in every hole I drilled.

Got two bass (about a pound and two pounds), some small bluegill, a golden shiner, and a few crappie on a Swedish Pimple. Lost a teardrop jig to a pickerel at the hole about midway through the afternoon and never bothered to retie that rod because the Pimple was working just fine. Really good afternoon of fishing overall!

Couple other groups had tip ups out and reported slow action, mostly pickerel with a bass mixed in here and there.

This was my first time on Silver, I’ll definitely be back both on the ice and on a boat in the summer!

Offline jdpsm3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2018, 01:58 PM »
Years ago I caught a 6lb 9oz largemouth off a boat on silver.

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Fished there yesterday afternoon...veeeery slow.
Had a couple of "chew-and-screw" flags so nothing on tip-ups. Managed a small gill, a couple pound bass and a decent pickeral jigging and that was it!
Still better than work!

Ice was good 6"-8" on the holes I drilled.
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline thejamespowell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Yeah got back out this afternoon for a couple hours, had a 1.5 pound bass and a handful of bluegill, all jigging. Not a bad day overall.

Gosh jdpsm3, that’s a pig! I’ll definitely be getting out there this summer, Silver has been the best lake I’ve ice fished all winter.

Offline JohnnyJigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:49 PM »
 Went yesterday afternoon, the panfish have shrunk from 10 years ago.
Bite on my line
The man known as JohnS

Offline water driller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2018, 09:20 AM »
I fished Silver yesterday morning until just after 1.  I had over 20 flags, my biggest was a 22" 3# pickerel. 

Offline Coondog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Have fished Silver three times this year and it's the slowest it's ever been since I've been going there.  Wondering if all the dredging they did last summer screwed it up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.